Anyone watching the all-star game? | The Boneyard

Anyone watching the all-star game?

Reaction Score
I think Steph has somehow become an even more ridiculous shooter since the injury, dude is making half court shots look like layups.

Reaction Score
I had it on for the second half, but only half paying attention. They changed the format last year. Im not sure how I feel about it. I guess it adds a little more excitement, but playing basketball without a clock in the 4th quarter and just playing for a target score like they do in that summer basketball tournament is definitely unique.

Reaction Score
I tried for about 5 minutes. The actual game. Not the skills competition. It was pretty horrible. I probably would of watched skills competition. Just didn't realize it was on.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Disney/ABC/ESPN doing a bunch today commemorating Ali v. Frazier I 50th anniversary.

About a year ago we had threads on some of the ESPN classic fights and this one was discussed.

I swear you can see Frazier beating the Parkinson's in to Ali. And Ali just kept peppering Frazier. The hand speed on both was phenomenal.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Disney/ABC/ESPN doing a bunch today commemorating Ali v. Frazier I 50th anniversary.

About a year ago we had threads on some of the ESPN classic fights and this one was discussed.

I swear you can see Frazier beating the Parkinson's in to Ali. And Ali just kept peppering Frazier. The hand speed on both was phenomenal.
Tyson or no, the 60s-70s were the pinnacle for the heavyweight division. There was no better promoter than Ali, and he delivered 95% of the time. The more I watch that fight the more respect I get for Frazier each time. Guy was simply an unstoppable machine, committed to his game plan no matter how many jabs he took to the face, no matter how swollen his eyes. He just didn't stop and Ali just didn't have an answer.

And then you had Cosell. That brawl in the studio with Cosell sitting eight feet from two heavyweights wrestling on the floor, not budging from his seat and calling the action as calmly as if he were safely outside the ring was something.

As to SJ's point, I had SportsCenter on just now with Curry and Lillard discussing logo shots. I imagine there are jr high kids right now doing nothing but practicing those shots, and that we'll see more of it in college hoops as soon as a year or two from now. Certainly one way to break the Syracuse zone, lol.

Reaction Score
It sucked, the more they try to make the all-star game and weekend better the worse it gets. When you have something thats successful you leave it alone and dont touch it.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
It's not basketball, closer to a game of horse

It's a tradition nobody is going to miss

Reaction Score
The only all star game that resembles a real game is MLB. I cannot comment on NHL as I've never watched one.

Reaction Score
Not going to waste my time watching a meaningless emotionless charade of a basketball game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom