Anyone seen these T shirts on Facebook? | The Boneyard

Anyone seen these T shirts on Facebook?

Reaction Score
A669ED03-6EF8-438F-B8D0-8F31F09E9C24.png
Very nice looking. One for Lou as well

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't even know if this is a violation or if this is a legit operation or associated with UCONN but... this is the reason why I always come down on the side of the issue that says the players should be able to profit from thier own likeness. That is Gabby's picture & signature (?) she should be able to profit from that. Years ago Chris Webber told the story of a time when he was a Michigan and got hungry, walked to McDonalds only to find he did not have enough money in his pocket to afford a couple burgers. As he was walking pass the book store his jersey was displayed for sale in the window so someone was making money off him.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Looking at the Gabby shirt, some questions pop into my head:

1) I believe UCONN, all uppercase, is a registered trademark. Is the vendor using it with permission of the IP (intellectual property) owner? Are they paying a royalty to the university?
2) Is Gabby's signature (if, in fact, it is a likeness of her siggy) used with her permission? Is she being compensated?
3) What about the photos? Used with permission? Compensation paid?

I wonder if this is all legit, or just another ___________ bit of commerce with no benefit to either the institution or the student.

Reaction Score
I don't even know if this is a violation or if this is a legit operation or associated with UCONN but... this is the reason why I always come down on the side of the issue that says the players should be able to profit from thier own likeness. That is Gabby's picture & signature (?) she should be able to profit from that. Years ago Chris Webber told the story of a time when he was a Michigan and got hungry, walked to McDonalds only to find he did not have enough money in his pocket to afford a couple burgers. As he was walking pass the book store his jersey was displayed for sale in the window so someone was making money off him.
Gabby is a graduate. It's OK for her to earn money from her signature. Lou and CD aren't there yet.

Last edited:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I think it's a click n bait thing with Facebook... advertisement! anyone can make T shirts

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom