Anyone see the Texas game? what happened there? | The Boneyard

Anyone see the Texas game? what happened there?

Reaction Score
I didn’t see the game, however, the statistics seem to indicate that the game was won on 3 pointers. Steals, rebounds, assists and free throws were pretty even. I also noticed that there were no minutes for Rellah Boothe and Chasity Patterson, two highly regarded freshmen. Joyner Holmes is not expected back until the new year. The Longhorns’ leads probably evaporated due to Aston, as she stated, subbing early and getting different players time on the court.

Reaction Score
I think I was watching a halftime earlier this year that said Texas has 10 McDonald's All-Americans. Then they're probably getting at least two more next year, but they aren't in the positions that are graduating (Atkins and McCarty). I would be surprised if there weren't any transfers. That's too many good players and not enough playing time.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I just caught small pieces of this game, but I can tell you that it wasn't as close as the final score would indicate.

Texas had a 21-point lead after 3 quarters, and then LSU scored 29 of its 66 points in the 4th quarter with lots of Texas subs on the floor.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I saw the game in person. It was a combination of LSU playing up their competition, and the Longhorns playing down to theirs. Texas was just going through the motions. They came in knowing they were going to win the game. I only saw the first half, having sat through the entire UCLA game. On a couple of occasions both teams went several minutes without scoring. Both teams missed a lot of open shots. If Texas plays UConn the same way they played LSU, the game will be over at the half. There was hardly anyone there yesterday. Less than 300 people total.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I didn't see the LSU game, not the Washington game, but it looks like they are making up for a less than stellar result against LSU. Massey picked TX by 2 over the other Huskies, but they won by 24.

TX led by 1 10-9 at one point and later 30-9, so they had a 20-0 run. I think that's longer than our longest run.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I hope to see these good players in Austin at the UT game. Anyone planning any pregame activities?

I'll be there, but too far off to do any serious planning.

Reaction Score
I think I was watching a halftime earlier this year that said Texas has 10 McDonald's All-Americans. Then they're probably getting at least two more next year, but they aren't in the positions that are graduating (Atkins and McCarty). I would be surprised if there weren't any transfers. That's too many good players and not enough playing time.

Do you think C. Collier will change her mind again?

Reaction Score
It won't be long before the FBI makes its way to the women's game and Texas may be the first rock they lool under.
hope you're joking unless you have specific information you'd like to share with the gov't....

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
hope you're joking unless you have specific information you'd like to share with the gov't....
The last time something like that happened the local team of the Branch Davidians were involved.

Reaction Score
I think he was referring to the NCAA and nearly everything about their recent actions is a Joke.

Reaction Score
She may, with the excuse of both CW and ONO are her best friends and friendship is so important ....lalala
She may, with the excuse of both CW and ONO are her best friends and friendship is so important ....lalala
I liked your comment so well---I posted it twice!!
Obviously I'm kidding about C. Colliers mind changings. I have serious doubts Geno would accept her This year if she again opts for Uconn. But--maybe as Soph or Jr--who knows. Friend ship , Friendship--just the perfect blendship, if you're ever in a jam--here I am, if you're ever up a tree ; call on me! That's friendship, friendship, just a perfect blendship--
b

Reaction Score
Anyone knows what's the deal with Booth? She came in proclaiming to be one of the top players in the country and guaranteed 2 championships but she rarely plays...is she injured?

Reaction Score
"That's the next LeBron James!" he proclaims.

Boothe has guaranteed Texas will win multiple national titles while she's on campus, a bold prediction given the stranglehold Connecticut has on the sport. She bristles at the mere mention of Megan Walker, a 6-1 Connecticut recruit at Monacan High School in Virginia who is the top-ranked prospect in the 2017 class.

Think that ranking bothers Boothe?

"It still does," Boothe says. "[Walker] knows that. No offense to her. She deserves it. But from ninth grade to senior year, you are No. 1? How's that possible? Come on."

Both Walker and Boothe were placed on the East squad for the McDonald's game, a bummer for Boothe. She was hoping to shut Walker down. The two have never played against each other; they teamed up to win a gold medal over the summer at the FIBA Americas U18 Championship. Boothe says they text.

"If you are supposed to be the main player on the opposing team, I'm going to guard you," Boothe says. "Nobody else ... I'm going to show you what's up."

(Walker, when reached for comment, said, "We are cool. We both like to compete. ... This is about business, and the reason I kept my ranking was because I took care of business.")

A day in the life with Texas Longhorns recruit Rellah Boothe, the electric McDonald's All American, at IMG Academy

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Anyone knows what's the deal with Booth? She came in proclaiming to be one of the top players in the country and guaranteed 2 championships but she rarely plays...is she injured?
She also promised 2 championships while she was at Texas.

Things are as I predicted, although the prediction was as hard as saying water will be wet. I said I wanted to be there on the first day of practice when she realized she wasn't the best athlete/player in the gym, nonetheless the best in WCBB. When she realized that just getting on the floor would be an accomplishment. She found, as I predicted, that she was in terrible condition, and certainly not ready to play at the required pace for 40 mins. For the first time in her life a coach pointed out her flaws: poor outside shot, marginal work effort, poor footwork, poor fundamentals etc., and in a loud voice every practice. I wonder how she reacted to that? She realized she had a lot of work to do this year, nonetheless when Holmes returns, nonetheless next year when that freshman class hits the gym.

She realized she could no longer coast on her athleticism anymore. She realized that there were a bunch of very talented players that wanted the ball just as much as she, and were better offensively the she, and that in order for the TEAM to do well she'd have to sacrifice her personal goals. Something she's never had to before.

Then of course she found that student life was no picnic. She found there were teachers that actually expected both attendance and results. That there was a such thing as classwork and study time; exams you were expected to pass.

Now is she injured or has this been a coaches decision? An injury will set her back quite a bit. If it's a coaches decision. Well, we'll just leave it there.

Reaction Score
JordyG --- Have you been to Texas practices? Obviously Rellah's trash talk was unrealistic, but the little she has played, she has looked pretty darned good to me. I think Aston's style is to bring freshmen along somewhat slowly, especially on such a loaded team. Joyner Holmes was a starter last year because Texas didn't really have anyone else to put there (plus her talent, of course).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom