Anyone ready to talk about Jk yet? | The Boneyard

Anyone ready to talk about Jk yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Other than a superhuman stretch from Tim Howard... not a whole lot to be impressed by.

Reaction Score
Other than a superhuman stretch from Tim Howard... not a whole lot to be impressed by.

I am not really impressed with our players; I even find myself rooting against them. The player pool has to get better. Doesn't really matter who the manager is in my opinion.

Reaction Score
The victory against Peru last week was solid, but Brazil showed up locked and loaded.

Reaction Score
It was a poor performance 3 days after a pretty good performance again a pretty good team. All eyes on the Mexico match. I don't think anyone has any idea what the back 4 will be in oct. it better not be tonight's combo.

Reaction Score
The back four have been suspect for years. I am a believer in JK - I think he's doing a good job considering the talent he's been given and the politics he needs to wade through.

He isn't afraid to try new combinations in games that don't mean much. He knows the only match that matters for the rest of the year will be in a month and two days and I think he's giving guys a little look who probably won't see the pitch at the Rose Bowl. I'll take a 4-1L tonight if it offers a learning experience and gets us closer to our best 11

Until soccer isn't a pay for play sport it won't matter who the manager is, but that's a topic for another day

Reaction Score
The back four have been suspect for years. I am a believer in JK - I think he's doing a good job considering the talent he's been given and the politics he needs to wade through.

He isn't afraid to try new combinations in games that don't mean much. He knows the only match that matters for the rest of the year will be in a month and two days and I think he's giving guys a little look who probably won't see the pitch at the Rose Bowl. I'll take a 4-1L tonight if it offers a learning experience and gets us closer to our best 11

Until soccer isn't a pay for play sport it won't matter who the manager is, but that's a topic for another day

Pretty much this. US Youth Soccer has succeeded in creating a system that is very efficient at separating parents from their money. It's a really successful business model that hasn't to date produced one World Class player to date. And in my book a world class player is a guy who wouldn't look out of place in an all world 11.

Reaction Score
FWIW, ESPN2 reported during the Brazil game, "Klinsmann has the best winning percentage of any U.S. coach". Bad game!

Reaction Score
FWIW, ESPN2 reported during the Brazil game, "Klinsmann has the best winning percentage of any U.S. coach". Bad game!

What's crazy is that there are abundant of people who actually want Bunker Bob Bradley back.

Reaction Score
Yes, he's the winningest coach in modern US history or something like that. He coached us out of the Group of Death in Brazil and beat quality European teams on their home turf in the past 15 months. I think his legacy will be during the next cycle when he's no longer around and the current teens move into USMNT roles. He's already molded the youth development program into something stronger.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...nges-player-development-structures-youth-nati

Reaction Score

Klinsmann in my opinion is playing the mad scientist role too much, especially on defense. He needs to use players in their natural role, i.e. where they play at the club level, especially due tot he limited time they have to play together for USMNT matches. Also, he needs to be consistent. It seems that there is a new combination each match that results in a lot of ball watching and finger pointing. The US does not have the best players in the world; but, consistency helps communications and the ability to work well together can make-up for some oft he talent deficiencies.

Reaction Score
He's never lost to Mexico, and had the best WC QC campaign in US history, followed by getting out of the group of death. He's got a little room to play here, but that Mexico match in 10/9 is pretty big. Unless we get blown out 4-0 I dont think this will have much impact on his job status. If his back four on 10/9 doesnt involve Besler then he's freakin nuts.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
whaler11 said:

I can see why Germany and Beyern let him go. He's definitely a solo act.

I agree with the need to identify, develop and play the next generation and his recruitment of dual citizens has been remarkable.

This doesn't not mean his way is the way. I hate that he doesnt, and isn't preparing for the key matches by settling on a primary lineup. I understand our holes and limitations, but some calls are easy and he refuses acknowledge when his favorites can't play.

The Brooks call up for the WC was dumb luck in its payoff. The Yedlin call up was inspired. His attachment to guys like Altidore, Beckerman, Evans, is maddening.

His tactics are hit and miss. Some due to talent and some our of stubborness. We are a two striker nation, just look at the results. We need two guys in the box. Nearly every goal scored under JK has been with two.

He has a terrific knack for in game subs, heck Wondolowski nearly beat Belgium.

The main frustration is his faith in young defenders, his over attachment to Germans over all others, and constantly changing lineups.

Reaction Score
JK has plenty of flaws and you did a great job of pointing them out, especially playing guys out of their natural positions and the need for two strikers. We don't have talent up top as a holding striker or one that can take 1-2 guys on with enough success. Hopefully Clint's return alleviates some of the glaring holes in our attack.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

That's not true. They won the CONCACAF hex with ease last cycle. IIRC, they clinched earlier than they ever had. They went through the Group of Death. They had the winning goal of the knockout round on a poacher's foot against the hot team. He's recruiting more young talent than at any point in the past. But because he dissed your man-crush, you want to pounce at any chance. Let's at least wait until after the Mexico game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yawn. That's the JK approach for sure though. Attack anyone who notices the team isn't good.

It was fitting that in the end after Howard kept them alive he was stuck with Wondo. That one came back to bite him.

Reaction Score
That's not true. They won the CONCACAF hex with ease last cycle. IIRC, they clinched earlier than they ever had. They went through the Group of Death. They had the winning goal of the knockout round on a poacher's foot against the hot team. He's recruiting more young talent than at any point in the past. But because he dissed your man-crush, you want to pounce at any chance. Let's at least wait until after the Mexico game.

Agree. But leaving Besler out of the backline for the Gold Cup and not even bothering to call in Feilhaber was ish. I get so sick of the Disrkeruds, Chandlers, Brooks and even Alvarados. Alvarado isn't even a top player in Liga MX. His favoritisms just blow my mind. But even still he has the right mentality to go forward.

Reaction Score
Yawn. That's the JK approach for sure though. Attack anyone who notices the team isn't good.

It was fitting that in the end after Howard kept them alive he was stuck with Wondo. That one came back to bite him.

I can't recall Jk attacking anyone. I can recall Garber and Cronies attacking Jk for not using the USMNT as an MLS marketing tool like they wish he would.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I can't recall Jk attacking anyone. I can recall Garber and Cronies attacking Jk for not using the USMNT as an MLS marketing tool like they wish he would.

Do I have to go get the links for you?

He attacked everyone who was critical of their pathetic showing at the GC.

Because beating Cuba and playing like horsecrap from there is really good - it's dumb Americans who don't understand.

Reaction Score
Do I have to go get the links for you?

He attacked everyone who was critical of their pathetic showing at the GC.

Because beating Cuba and playing like horsecrap from there is really good - it's dumb Americans who don't understand.

I may have missed it. I'm on the other side of the world. No doubt, he's defending the team. But in general, attacking Klinsmann is bad juju, because if the MLS guys take him out, they will install another Garber puppet. And I would rather be patient with JK than get some clown like Jason Kreis in there who will have his team sheets handed to him by Soccer United Marketing (MLS's Marketing Arm).

Reaction Score
In any sport, I'm not quick to be calling for firing coaches. JK does tons of stuff that ticks me off, and other than his recruitment of hyphen Americans I'm not sure I see him as a better coach than Bradley or Arena. That having been said, given the U.S.'s talent level winning the Hex and getting out of the first round of the World Cup is performing, and barring a total collapse of the team (which takes more than a crappy Gold Cup loss) he is going to be -- and should be --our coach through this cycle.

That having been said, his refusal to go with the Center Backs (some combo of Cameron, Besler and Oman) who gave up 3 goals in regulation in 3 world cup games is incredibly stubborn. As is his refusal to give Fielhaber (and maybe Klejstan) another chance.

Reaction Score

Just a few days ago, JK went after the referees and CONCACAF in general with respect blaming the US's Gold Cup showing in the face that other teams had a lot more to gripe about rewarding the officials. No mention that the US was just flat against Jamaica int eh semi-final.

http://www.socceramerica.com/article/65501/klinsmann-passes-the-buck-on-usas-gold-cup-failur.html

Reaction Score
In any sport, I'm not quick to be calling for firing coaches. JK does tons of stuff that ticks me off, and other than his recruitment of hyphen Americans I'm not sure I see him as a better coach than Bradley or Arena. That having been said, given the U.S.'s talent level winning the Hex and getting out of the first round of the World Cup is performing, and barring a total collapse of the team (which takes more than a crappy Gold Cup loss) he is going to be -- and should be --our coach through this cycle.

That having been said, his refusal to go with the Center Backs (some combo of Cameron, Besler and Oman) who gave up 3 goals in regulation in 3 world cup games is incredibly stubborn. As is his refusal to give Fielhaber (and maybe Klejstan) another chance.

I can agree with most of this, but I know what the alternative to JK is at this point, and I don't think any of us will like him.

I disagree on Bradley and to a lesser degree Arena.

Bradley had the two best attacking Americans EVER in their prime and he struggled to get out of the group in SA against far lesser competition that JK had in Brazil. And I hated Bradley's conservative mentality. We hired JK to evolve, and that takes time.

Reaction Score
Just a few days ago, JK went after the referees and CONCACAF in general with respect blaming the US's Gold Cup showing in the face that other teams had a lot more to gripe about rewarding the officials. No mention that the US was just flat against Jamaica int eh semi-final.

http://www.socceramerica.com/article/65501/klinsmann-passes-the-buck-on-usas-gold-cup-failur.html

Typical xenophobic US Soccer writer nonsense. Those guys at Soccer America are frothing at the mouth to get the 'furriner out and still think college soccer is the answer. Idiots.

Reaction Score
Typical xenophobic US Soccer writer nonsense. Those guys at Soccer America are frothing at the mouth to get the 'furriner out and still think college soccer is the answer. Idiots.

Soccer America is not the only one. I am not against Klinsmann and he has done some great things for US Soccer; but, he does carry some of the blame and, to date, does not seem to be willing to accept such.

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2015/09...mann-or-his-usmnt-you-dont-understand-soccer/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom