Anyone Need UConn-St. John's Tickets? | The Boneyard

Anyone Need UConn-St. John's Tickets?

PvP

Reaction Score
I have 3 "Season Ticket Holder" tickets for the St. John's game in Queens on Sunday, Jan 23 with a 1 PM start. As "Season Ticket Holder" tickets, they offer the best "chairback" seats. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Reaction Score
I have 3 "Season Ticket Holder" tickets for the St. John's game in Queens on Sunday, Jan 23 with a 1 PM start. As "Season Ticket Holder" tickets, they offer the best "chairback" seats. Please feel free to ask any questions.
Very interested.

PvP

Reaction Score
OK, great....let me explain exactly what is involved. The best seats are reserved for season ticket holders, not surprisingly. The season ticket holders have chair back seats in a separate section closest to the floor in front of the general admission ticket holders. However, the season ticket holders' area doesn't have specific seats, rather you can choose to sit in any 3 seats in the section so you can "socially distanced". The specific way we make the transfer is for me to inform the St. John's ticket office ("Chris") that I am transferring my season ticket holder seats to the new buyer. Once that is done, when you get to the arena you tell the box office that you are hold a season ticket holder ticket and once they check that you now have my tickets, you will be given a wrist band that will allow you to enter the season ticket holders area and you will choose your seats.

In order to confirm this, once we are agreed, and before any money is exchanged, I will alert Chris at the St. John's ticket office that we have come to this agreement, and you will be able to confirm all that I have just written. When you have confirmed this, then we can exchange funds for the transfer.

Now because several people have indicated an interest, I think the only fair way to choose who gets the tickets is to go with the highest bidder by say, Sunday evening, which will give us plenty of time to make the transfer.

I hope this is clear but if not, please ask any further questions. I think the fairest way would be for all interested parties to make offers here so everyone can know what the best price is.

Bald Huskie

four score
Reaction Score
So, we have a ticket scalper among us. Besides, too much hassle to go through to see St Johns.

PvP

Reaction Score
What's that smell?
Casting stones is so easy. I didn't make up how St. John's athletic department runs its business but if anyone believes this Doubting Thomas, we can meet at the St. John's ticket office anytime in advance and make the transfer in person.

Centerstream

just a geezer sitting in my barcalounger in NC
Reaction Score
I guess I understand now why this isn't on the Ticket Exchange forum :eek::rolleyes:

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Casting stones is so easy. I didn't make up how St. John's athletic department runs its business but if anyone believes this Doubting Thomas, we can meet at the St. John's ticket office anytime in advance and make the transfer in person.
Ahhh.. that's the smell of ticket scalping. It sure stinks.

Reaction Score
Why not sell them to the first person that responded rather than put them up for bid have a little honor

PvP

Reaction Score
A ticket scalper is someone who buys tickets with the intent to sell them at a higher price. Not that it is anyone's business but I bought these tickets to bring my granddaughters to see why I love this team so much. Because of a family tragedy, my granddaughters can't come to New York so I thought there must be a lot of other diehard UCONN wbb fans in the NY area who might really love the chance to see the team particularly from such great seats.

A ticket scalper would set some outrageous price for such prized seats. I didn't do that. I just said I would sell them for whatever was a fair price, let the fans decide and that was fine with me.

Several people responded with "interest" but because of the unusual way St. John's handles the relatively small number of season ticket holders in which only the UCONN game draws crowds, I felt it necessary to detail how they handle sales of season ticket holder's UCONN game tickets. Until anyone interested in the tickets understood their procedure, I didn't ask anyone to purchase anything. I wanted to give them the chance to confirm directly with St. John's ticket office that I am a season ticket holder of 3 tickets and their procedure for transferring such tickets before any money changed hands, even if that meant meeting me at the ticket office anytime between now and game time to be sure there was no problems for the buyers.

Does any of that sound like a dishonorable ticket scalper? Of course some people just love slinging mud but my interest is in making sure someone gets to enjoy these great seats seeing our team up close and personal at a price fair to all.
Ok. How much ?
My cost was $70 per ticket, I would sell them for that much.

PvP

Reaction Score
I'm still interested. What's the next step ?
Maybe the best next step would be for you to call the St. John's ticket office to confirm the procedure I outlined for the purchase of season tickets for the UCONN game. I have been dealing with a guy named Chris. You can tell him you are dealing with Philipp von Preysing. If that call satisfies you, you can wire the funds and I will change the name of the season ticket holder from my name to yours.

If you feel uncomfortable with that, we can meet at the St. John's ticket office sometime between now and the game to make the transfer there in person.

Your call.

Reaction Score
Maybe the best next step would be for you to call the St. John's ticket office to confirm the procedure I outlined for the purchase of season tickets for the UCONN game. I have been dealing with a guy named Chris. You can tell him you are dealing with Philipp von Preysing. If that call satisfies you, you can wire the funds and I will change the name of the season ticket holder from my name to yours.

If you feel uncomfortable with that, we can meet at the St. John's ticket office sometime between now and the game to make the transfer there in person.

Your call.
Change of plans. My son can't make it. I'm out. Sorry.

PvP

Reaction Score
Change of plans. My son can't make it. I'm out. Sorry.
If you have any interest in 2 of the tickets. I have one fellow looking for a single ticket.

Otherwise, understood.

Thanks either way.

Reaction Score
If you have any interest in 2 of the tickets. I have one fellow looking for a single ticket.

Otherwise, understood.

Thanks either way.
I can do 1 ticket also. I could meet you on the St John's campus next Thursday or Friday, if you're willing to sell another single ticket.

Last edited:

PvP

Reaction Score
I can do 1 ticket also. I could meet you on the St John's campus next Thursday or Friday, if you're willing to sell another single ticket.
That would be fine. I will check on their hours and let you know.

PvP

Reaction Score
Ok so I spoke with the St. John's ticket office. They are open from 9-5 every day. We can go there and they will change the name on one season-ticket from my name to yours. They will confirm that on Sunday there will be a sign for "Season Ticket Holders" where they will confirm that you are a Season Ticket Holder and will give you the wrist band.

There is supposed to be snow tomorrow morning so I would suggest Friday and if you tell me when would be best, I will alert Chris at the ticket office roughly when to expect us.

The ticket office is an attached building to Carnesecca Arena which is very obvious as soon as you enter the campus off of Utopia Parkway.

Reaction Score
I can meet you at the ticket office Friday at noon. If you have 2 tickets left, I can take both. If not, then 1 will be fine.
See you Friday.

PvP

Reaction Score
I can meet you at the ticket office Friday at noon. If you have 2 tickets left, I can take both. If not, then 1 will be fine.
See you Friday.
I do have 2 tickets so that will be fine. See you at the ticket office at noon. I am 6', 200 lbs, white hair with a double mask and a Mets cap.

Reaction Score
I do have 2 tickets so that will be fine. See you at the ticket office at noon. I am 6', 200 lbs, white hair with a double mask and a Mets cap.
See you then.

Reaction Score
I'll get there sooner than expected. If you can be there at 11:30 great. If not I'll see you at noon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cssch

Top Bottom