Anyone Know if Polly Got Into Med School? | The Boneyard

Anyone Know if Polly Got Into Med School?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There was so much talk about her going to med school. Wonder if she applied this time. Anyone know what her plans are?

We're all certainly rooting for "The Doc"!

Reaction Score
Be patient, grasshopper. The horde will find out when they find out and we'll know then. It is privy until she decides it is not.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I read (Courant, maybe?) that she is starting the application process next month. So we must be as patient as she will be.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I'm going to be patient until it becomes a sin. I'm going to root for her admission until it becomes a fact. Any man would be proud to call her daughter.

Reaction Score
getting into med school is like winning a NC...am on a med school board and we get over 80 applications per available spot....best of luck to Polly, if she can just get an interview, given her experiences, she has a good shot(no pun intended)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
There are multiple application cycles to med school. Briana may need to take additional course work before applying. As noted, we think she's applying for 2017.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
AFootInTheDoor.png

Reaction Score
I read (Courant, maybe?) that she is starting the application process next month. So we must be as patient as she will be.

OK. That answers it. Let's send her lots of good vibes!!! Good luck to her!!

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
getting into med school is like winning a NC...am on a med school board and we get over 80 applications per available spot....best of luck to Polly, if she can just get an interview, given her experiences, she has a good shot(no pun intended)

Just curious, what percentage of your applications are from foreigners? Also, some people are predicting a doctor shortage. Do you agree?

Reaction Score
Just curious, what percentage of your applications are from foreigners? Also, some people are predicting a doctor shortage. Do you agree?
Hi Aluminny69....sorry for the delayed response but have been on the road. Most US med schools don't accept foreign applicants.There are financial aid constraints, visa issues etc. The residency system is a built in constraint on MD growth. Clearly there is a shortage of MD's and trends suggest it is going to get worse before it gets better. The ACA has caused a spike in demand for doctor visits but more and more doctors are working for hospitals vs independent practices and the result is lower productivity per doctor. I could go on for hours but lets just say its a complicated system that needs to evolve.Many MD's are not happy yet many are totally gratified with their work.. Should Polly reach her goal then I suspect she will be a happy, shining star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom