Anyone in the country wishes that had a guy like Tyler | The Boneyard

Anyone in the country wishes that had a guy like Tyler

Reaction Score
That was Hurley last nght after the Butler game. Think of all the times that BY posters have called for him to sit. His place in the rotation has been questioned in numerous threads. I hope we can put the Tyler Polley bashing to bed -- even if he has a bad game.

No matter what you think, Hurley could not have been clearer.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This is the time of year where lineups take place and rotations start to shrink. It’s clear Danny trusts Tyler in key moments and that is enough for me.

Cole
Jackson
Martin
Whaley
Sanogo

Tyler
Akok
Hawkins

Is the squad doing forward.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
And when Tyler has 2 bad games in a row let's see what DH says at that point

Reaction Score
That was Hurley last nght after the Butler game. Think of all the times that BY posters have called for him to sit. His place in the rotation has been questioned in numerous threads. I hope we can put the Tyler Polley bashing to bed -- even if he has a bad game.

No matter what you think, Hurley could not have been clearer.
As long as he’s productive.

Reaction Score
This is the time of year where lineups take place and rotations start to shrink. It’s clear Danny trusts Tyler in key moments and that is enough for me.

Cole
Jackson
Martin
Whaley
Sanogo

Tyler
Akok
Hawkins

Is the squad doing forward.
Unfortunately, Gaffney has struggled. His minutes are in decline but I don't think we'll completely rely on Jackson to be the de facto backup point guard. I think Gaffney will still be in the rotation for 5-10 mpg.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Tyler looks like he figured something out. He looks much more balanced on his shot and when he ball fakes and dribbles. Hope he can keep it up. I think he will.
Great observation. When he’s struggling he definitely tends to drift in the air. Much more compact straight up and down lately.

Reaction Score
What do you think he'll say?

Unlike the fickle chuckleheads here on the 'yard, he doesn't bash, berate, or give up on his players after a bad game or two.
I was thinking the same thing. Hurley sticks by his players, often MUCH longer than the Boneyard is comfortable with. The posters here, on the other hand, will want him benched in favor of Karaban if he misses 2 shots in a row.

Reaction Score
He also pointed out that he had 3 rebounds and made a comment (paraphrased) about that being pretty good for Tyler lol, humorously undermining his own point.

But yeah, Tyler had a really nice game. Liked that he got a tip-in and attacked the basket off a catch once in addition to his good shooting. He's a much more useful player if he's impacting the game in other ways aside from just being a tall guy who can shoot (though Hurley's point in that being valuable by itself is true to an extent).

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, Gaffney has struggled. His minutes are in decline but I don't think we'll completely rely on Jackson to be the de facto backup point guard. I think Gaffney will still be in the rotation for 5-10 mpg.
This. I think Gaffney will be on the floor when Cole needs a blow. Perhaps on the floor with Cole when circumstances dictate Cole playing off the ball.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Tyler had a real rough, I mean real rough, December after a decent season start (especially obviously in Bahamas) . Kudos to Hurley for sticking with him. Tyler in January is the Tyler I expected to see this season. (His Auburn game is unrealistic, but so was that horrendous slump he was in). What he gave us last night he's absolutely capable of giving every game no matter opponent. And I think he will be right around there going down the stretch. He's a real important part of whether this team can reach it's full potential.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I prefer Martin as the backup ball handler, though AJ has looked much better compared to earlier in the season. Martin isn't a PG, but the ball is safe when he brings it up.

Reaction Score
Polley's shooting is extremely valuable, and not just for the percentage he shoots. He's just about the only guy on the team who will shoot off movement and when a defender is in his face. He opens up space for the whole offense because other teams know that he's a threat and they have to scramble to guard him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom