Anyone going to the Auburn game? | The Boneyard

Anyone going to the Auburn game?

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Just picked up my tickets. It looks like Auburn shuts down the student section for games when kids are on break and sell those as GA tickets. Just picked up mine. Any other yarders gonna be around?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Wanted to go with my sister (Auburn Grad) but will not be able to make it. Have been to Auburn plenty of times for football games however. Sucks the students won't be on campus for the game, but here's my suggestions on food/drink:

If you're staying overnight- try to get a room at the Auburn Hotel. It's right next to campus and the downtown area and is the perfect place to stay near campus.

For food- would suggest Hamiltons, Moes BBQ, or The Hound. The Hound is probably the best place in Auburn to eat but its slightly out of the way of the main area. Taco Mama is really good as well.

The arena is nice. Built fairly recently and is near the football stadium so you can check out the statues outside there before heading to Auburn Arena. Not a bad seat in the house.

For drink- Go to 1716. Sky Bar is the Auburn version of Huskies if you can handle that (Honestly its Huskies on steroids. Like 4-5 stories tall and a rooftop bar, each floor has a different vibe. Its pretty nuts). If you choose to not go to 1716 then Auburn Draft House isn't a bad option either. I spent most of my time between 1716 (before games) and Sky Bar (after games) though.

Lastly, you have to go to Toomers Drug Store and get the lemonade. Its the Auburn staple. Its also right across the street from the trees they roll after every football win.

If anyone is going and has any other questions/inquiries regarding Auburn or the surrounding area feel free to send me a DM or ask in here. Happy to help.

Last edited:

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Wanted to go with my sister (Auburn Grad) but will not be able to make it. Have been to Auburn plenty of times for football games however. Sucks the students won't be on campus for the game, but here's my suggestions on food/drink:

If you're staying overnight- try to get a room at the Auburn Hotel. It's right next to campus and the downtown area and is the perfect place to stay near campus.

For food- would suggest Hamiltons, Moes BBQ, or The Hound. The Hound is probably the best place in Auburn to eat but its slightly out of the way of the main area. Taco Mama is really good as well.

The arena is nice. Built fairly recently and is near the football stadium so you can check out the statues outside there before heading to Auburn Arena. Not a bad seat in the house.

For dink- Go to 1716. Sky Bar is the Auburn version of Huskies if you can handle that (Honestly its Huskies on steroids. Like 4-5 stories tall and a rooftop bar, each floor has a different vibe. Its pretty nuts). If you choose to not go to 1716 then Auburn Draft House isn't a bad option either. I spent most of my time between 1716 (before games) and Sky Bar (after games) though.

Lastly, you have to go to Toomers Drug Store and get the lemonade. Its the Auburn staple. Its also right across the street from the trees they roll after every football win.

If anyone is going and has any other questions/inquiries regarding Auburn or the surrounding area feel free to send me a DM or ask in here. Happy to help.

To add to this list; check out Avondale for good cocktails and a quieter atmosphere than places like Sky bar. Or head to Opelika; there's a great distillery (John Emerald) and an okay brewery (Red Clay).

Reaction Score

For drink- Go to 1716. Sky Bar is the Auburn version of Huskies if you can handle that (Honestly its Huskies on steroids. Like 4-5 stories tall and a rooftop bar, each floor has a different vibe. Its pretty nuts). If you choose to not go to 1716 then Auburn Draft House isn't a bad option either. I spent most of my time between 1716 (before games) and Sky Bar (after games) though.

"If anyone is going and has any other questions/inquiries regarding Auburn or the surrounding area feel free to send me a DM or ask in here. Happy to help."

Reaction Score
I’m looking at tickets now. I’m solidly leaning towards yes at this point but haven’t actually pulled the trigger.

Reaction Score
I thought about going but can't bring myself to make the two hour drive for the performance I believe I'll see.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes +3. Was able to get great seats after the Scandle broke.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Looks like I'm in.

Heading to the area Friday afternoon. I have a middle school daughter who is interested in seeing the campus. Do that Saturday morning, catch the game and head home Saturday night.

Drew

Reaction Score
Looks like I'm in.

Heading to the area Friday afternoon. I have a middle school daughter who is interested in seeing the campus. Do that Saturday morning, catch the game and head home Saturday night.
Campus is beautiful. Red brick everywhere. If they have a formal tour (probably unlikely since its 2 days before Christmas) I'd suggest it. Went on the one with my sister and had a blast. Beautiful place.

Reaction Score
It's too bad they closed down The War Eagle Supper Club. That bar was a lot of fun.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Got my tickets a long time ago. I'm not quite as excited about it now as I was before the season started but it should be fun regardless. I hope.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
If any of y'all in the area want to make a 40 minute drive, I run a pretty good craft beer bar in Montgomery. Hit me up for the details if you're interested. I'll buy you a beer if you show up in UConn gear.

I'll be there Friday night and Saturday night.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Had no idea we had so many BYer and Husky fans in eastern Alabama (perhaps W. Georgia). One of my colleagues at work is an Auburn grad. Great guy.

Drew

Reaction Score
theres a Rhett Lashlee sign to be made somewhere in here I just can't think of it

Reaction Score
theres a Rhett Lashlee sign to be made somewhere in here I just can't think of it

"We think College Basketball is greater than College Football...and Rhett Lashlee agrees!"

Reaction Score
Had no idea we had so many BYer and Husky fans in eastern Alabama (perhaps W. Georgia). One of my colleagues at work is an Auburn grad. Great guy.
Lot of us live in Atlanta like myself. I haven't gotten any tickets yet but I have seen cheap ones available. I will be doing the hour and half drive from close to downtown atlanta to the campus. Not the same as going up to Hartford for Xmas break to see a game but should be fun no less. I was at the auburn game last year in Hartford and thus loss was painful. Hopefully we can get revenge. Go uconn!

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Lot of us live in Atlanta like myself. I haven't gotten any tickets yet but I have seen cheap ones available. I will be doing the hour and half drive from close to downtown atlanta to the campus. Not the same as going up to Hartford for Xmas break to see a game but should be fun no less. I was at the auburn game last year in Hartford and thus loss was painful. Hopefully we can get revenge. Go uconn!
Check the Auburn ticket exchange facebook. Kids selling for pretty cheap.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
"We think College Basketball is greater than College Football...and Rhett Lashlee agrees!"
UConn “steal yo man university” with picks of Benedict and Lashlee.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
I'll be there. Flew down from Wisconsin to Atlanta yesterday. Caught 2 games in the area today and going to 2 more tomorrow to set up the UConn game as my milestone 100th different D1 campus venue I've caught a game at.

Just hoping we get 40 minutes like the first 35 in Tucson tonight and not like the Arkansas game the last time I saw them live...

Drew

Reaction Score
I'll be there. Flew down from Wisconsin to Atlanta yesterday. Caught 2 games in the area today and going to 2 more tomorrow to set up the UConn game as my milestone 100th different D1 campus venue I've caught a game at.

Just hoping we get 40 minutes like the first 35 in Tucson tonight and not like the Arkansas game the last time I saw them live...
thats awesome. Where all are you seeing games this trip?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom