Anyone go to the Dunkin' at 210 Deming St. in Manchester this morning? | The Boneyard

Anyone go to the Dunkin' at 210 Deming St. in Manchester this morning?

Reaction Score
Imagine ordering a coffee and donut in the drive through and Karaban or Clingan hands you your order? Lol

Alternate access:
UConn men’s basketball players surprise Dunkin’ customers to support children’s hospitals

Reaction Score
0AFFD19F-F3EE-4E5C-A624-DE023600652E.gif

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
First manchester news story that didnt include a fire, a death, or some "florida man" type stuff. Excellent.
Town has changed a lot from my youth. None of that back then. Some stories possibly involved you playing there though, right?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn men’s basketball national champions Donovan Clingan, Alex Karaban, and Hassan Diarra surprised guests as they worked the counter and drive-thru during Iced Coffee Day at Dunkin’ where $1 of the profits are donated to the Dunkin’ Joy in Childhood Foundation. (Aaron Flaum/Hartford Courant)

Man, they had three UConn players there and they're only donating one dollar to charity? Dunkin' Donuts is cheap!

Reaction Score
Donovan is a gigantic human. Seeing him next to "normal" size people is borderline disturbing.

Reaction Score
Donovan is a gigantic human. Seeing him next to "normal" size people is borderline disturbing.
I remember the first time I saw him in person was at an XL game 3 years ago. He was doing photos with kids who were probably 7 and 8 years old. That looked even crazier!!!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
UConn men’s basketball national champions Donovan Clingan, Alex Karaban, and Hassan Diarra surprised guests as they worked the counter and drive-thru during Iced Coffee Day at Dunkin’ where $1 of the profits are donated to the Dunkin’ Joy in Childhood Foundation. (Aaron Flaum/Hartford Courant)

Man, they had three UConn players there and they're only donating one dollar to charity? Dunkin' Donuts is cheap!
The accountants calculated the net profits for the day as a loss and saved a buck. A percentage of the savings will go to the CEO's incentive bonus at the end of the year. Shareholders pleased as the market reacts favorably. The system works.

Customers, employees, and players all reported having a great time. Positive press builds the UConn brand. Cynics concentrate on the continue death spiral of print journalism, too financially strapped to provide proofreading. Everybody wins.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Town has changed a lot from my youth. None of that back then. Some stories possibly involved you playing there though, right?

I like to tweak Manchester, but I like it. It's always been what it is. Pretty unique place. My ties to Manchester are numerous. Never lived there, but that is where my first wife's family was from and their roots were deep there. All East Catholic grads, generations of them. Her dad was on the State Championship hoops team in 60's and was posthumously inducted into the Manchester sports hall of fame. There are some rough parts, there are working class parts and their are REALLY nice parts. Something for everyone. And yeah Ive been gigging in that place for 35 years was there 2 weeks ago at one place, and at a different one this weekend :) . Ive seen some crazy stuff in that town.

THere is no denying though, if you watch local news and there is some kind of off the wall story, and you don't know where it is, 95% of the time when they throw to the reporter "manchester" comes up on the ribbon.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I like to tweak Manchester, but I like it. It's always been what it is. Pretty unique place. My ties to Manchester are numerous. Never lived there, but that is where my first wife's family was from and their roots were deep there. All East Catholic grads, generations of them. Her dad was on the State Championship hoops team in 60's and was posthumously inducted into the Manchester sports hall of fame. There are some rough parts, there are working class parts and their are REALLY nice parts. Something for everyone. And yeah Ive been gigging in that place for 35 years was there 2 weeks ago at one place, and at a different one this weekend :) . Ive seen some crazy stuff in that town.

THere is no denying though, if you watch local news and there is some kind of off the wall story, and you don't know where it is, 95% of the time when they throw to the reporter "manchester" comes up on the ribbon.
I very much appreciated all that economic diversity growing up in the nicer parts (at least back then). My parents moved to Simsbury as soon as I graduated HS, and I didn't like it there. I was MHS but many of my close friends went to East. The town has character, whether that's all good or bad, at least it isn't boring. Horror of horrors, my 40th reunion comes up next year.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
So I take it you never made it to David's.
I was 17 when we moved. I missed being grandfathered into the 18 drinking age by less than a year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom