OT: anyone get a pet during this? | The Boneyard

OT: anyone get a pet during this?

Reaction Score
So during this quarantine we decided to adopt a dog. Four of us in the house for what will probably be a couple months felt like the right time to train a puppy. We got a 17 week old black lab/golden retriever mix. He is doing great and keeps us busy for sure. Anyone else adopt a pet during this time?
033A7BEC-D2A8-44A2-AE99-4A41B5577D49.jpeg

Reaction Score
Our daughter in NYC wanted to but couldn't. The main shelters are closed and the smaller, independent ones have waiting lists.

Reaction Score
So during this quarantine we decided to adopt a dog. Four of us in the house for what will probably be a couple months felt like the right time to train a puppy. We got a 17 week old black lab/golden retriever mix. He is doing great and keeps us busy for sure. Anyone else adopt a pet during this time?
View attachment 52956
Thats awesome...he is a good looking dog. I heard a lot of the shelters in my area are pretty much empty because a lot of people are adopting dogs. Thats one good thing that has come out of all of this.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Yours is now the second dog I know named Kemba.

Always wanted to name my dog Kemba, but when we finally adopted our first dog he was 8 years old and already came with a name (Guapo) so we didn't want to change it. If we ever get a puppy it will be named Kemba. If we get a second puppy the other will be named Bazz.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
With my wife being a teacher and probably home through late August this might be a time to think of a second dawg. But when the current dawg is perfect why mess things up?

Reaction Score
With my wife being a teacher and probably home through late August this might be a time to think of a second dawg. But when the current dawg is perfect why mess things up?
It's a big decision. Especially if you have rescues.

Reaction Score
Congrats on the kid!
My pup’s name is Springer but not after the UConn baseball great and not after Jerry either

Reaction Score
View attachment 52956
He is adorable!

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Always wanted to name my dog Kemba, but when we finally adopted our first dog he was 8 years old and already came with a name (Guapo) so we didn't want to change it. If we ever get a puppy it will be named Kemba. If we get a second puppy the other will be named Bazz.

Could be worse. We rescued a dog already named Duke.

Reaction Score
Good for you. It's a perfect time to get a pet. We are in the middle of moving and just started building a new home. So the timing for a new pet is bad for us. I volunteer at a no kill shelter here in Sarasota. We are open and are adopting cats and dogs at pretty much the same rate as before the virus started. We of course had to change our procedures. Now the application process etc. is all online and done before hand. Pretty much the only human contact is when you show up to take your cat or dog home. It's working out great. Most of the county shelters have closed, so we are one of the few places still open for adoptions.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
View attachment 52956
Handsome dog. Our daughter got a black lab last year and thank goodness they did. His name is Bo and with on line learning Bo is now known as the phys ed teacher!! Black labs will do anything for food, especially bacon!!

Reaction Score
View attachment 52956

Vuce nice job bringing Springer home to the neighborhood. He's a beauty and also a lucky pup but you're going to be as happy as he. Timing is wonderful, where did you rescue him from? I promise if I happen to be plodding through the area not to stop and get within 6 feet despite wanting to say hi to him LOL. Enjoy

Last edited:

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
We adopted a new puppy to add to our older dog. Callie (after Calhoun).

Bonus is Josh Lambo (Jaguars kicker) is paying for the first six months of food.

Attachments

• A2466908-6531-42D9-92E7-7D799B733999.jpeg
    A2466908-6531-42D9-92E7-7D799B733999.jpeg
    350.2 KB · Views: 145

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member