Anyone else worried about Adams' injury? | The Boneyard

Anyone else worried about Adams' injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's been held out of a bunch of activities with this "hip injury". I'm pessimistic by nature, but hip issues could really limit his explosiveness and lateral movement (which his game obviously relies on). I really hope that this is something that will get better with the rest he's apparently getting and not something that, if it happened in late spring, he would have had surgery on but is now trying to play through it.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
TBH I was also concerned. Considering he missed the Husky Run, and First Night, it seemed like they were 'hiding' something.

Reaction Score
I didnt think nothing of it. Hes been walking around fine. Just get well and be ready 4 the season opener

Reaction Score
Walking around fine and playing at the highest level of college ball are two different things. I am concerned quite a bit, he is the starting pg and injured (missing the husky run and first night and we have no clue what his injury is? There are a number of hip problems ranging from season threatening to minor)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
As UConnStats said,

Should we believe what the player himself says or are they "hiding something"?
Even if he isn't 100% now - he still has 2 weeks
IF its still an issue on 9/29, then I'll be a bit concerned

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If it's not too late to vote, mark me down for a solid yes.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He was practicing and going full speed during practice when the team was split into 2 squads and scrimmaging during Sundays practice.

I didn't see him go to training room after practice either
Good intel! Goes with your avatar name.

Reaction Score
I was thinking about bringing this up but didn't want to dampen any of the excitement that has been building for the season. It definitely worries me. Could be nothing, but I tend to take all hip injuries pretty seriously especially after what happened to Omar (and I know this isn't on that scale, but it's not something I shrug off as I would with say, Brimah's hand injury last season).

Good to hear that he's back practicing.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Just talked to my source, says it was Adams, not Ollie, who decided to sit both events out. He'll be good to go on Sunday.

Reaction Score
Should we believe what the player himself says or are they "hiding something"?
Even if he isn't 100% now - he still has 2 weeks
IF its still an issue on 9/29, then I'll be a bit concerned

It its still an issue on 9/29, its SERIOUS.

He's back already though.

Reaction Score
There is something in the JI about it today.

Sophomore guard Jalen Adams has been in and out of practice lately due to a thigh bruise, Ollie said. “He’s got a contusion. So when you play basketball, it gets hit a lot. So he’s not 100 percent.” Adams practiced for a good portion of Thursday’s workout but was receiving extra medical attention following it.

Message delivered

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
There is something in the JI about it today.

Sophomore guard Jalen Adams has been in and out of practice lately due to a thigh bruise, Ollie said. “He’s got a contusion. So when you play basketball, it gets hit a lot. So he’s not 100 percent.” Adams practiced for a good portion of Thursday’s workout but was receiving extra medical attention following it.

Message delivered

If it is indeed a contusion, it's not a worry at all at this point.

Reaction Score
From today's Courant.

Adams has been in and out of recent practices because of a sore hip, and a contusion on his left thigh, but says he's feeling a lot better.

"Just doing a little bit more rehabbing to get back to 100 percent," he said. "Right now, I'd say I'm about 99.5. With a week until Sunday, I should be really good."

The Huskies play their first exhibition game Sunday against New Haven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom