Anyone else tired of the pro-B1G nonsense? | The Boneyard

Anyone else tired of the pro-B1G nonsense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Give them credit. Nice year for their conference.

Sweet 16: 6 teams from the BiG states (including Lasalle and Marquette both in BiG states). 3 from Florida. 2 from Kansas. We have to tolerate Arizona and Oregon for another round before kissing off the West completely

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
No because I think of them as our new conference some day!

Reaction Score
That's actually my bracket's final four. I didn't realize it at the time, and in hindsight the way lousiville's been playing I should have put them as champions never mind in the ff. But its still reasonable what I have (what the article claims is possible).

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...ment-2013-discount-chances-all-b1g-final-four

Seriously? ARGH.

So tired of the pro-B1G nonsense.

THEY HAVE PLAYED NOTHING BUT HOME GAMES IN THIS TOURNAMENT. Indiana and Ohio St in Dayton. The 2 Michigans in Auburn Hills.

They'll get exposed in different venues.

If the Big East was in this position you'd be saying it validated all the talk about how tough the conference is. The Big10's been the best conference by far in the tournament. Of course people are going to talk about it.

Reaction Score
Now you understand how a lot of people felt when all they heard was the BE is the best conference ever. Getting 11 teams into the NCAA tour. We liked it but most people did not.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...ment-2013-discount-chances-all-b1g-final-four

Seriously? ARGH.

So tired of the pro-B1G nonsense.

THEY HAVE PLAYED NOTHING BUT HOME GAMES IN THIS TOURNAMENT. Indiana and Ohio St in Dayton. The 2 Michigans in Auburn Hills.

They'll get exposed in different venues.
That's the point in the Pod system that's been in effect for about 15 year. The top 16 teams (1-4 seeds) play close to home regardless of region. The Big Ten has been the best conference by a wide margin this year. The math is not difficult.

Reaction Score
Being at a B1G school this year and watching quite a few games, I can tell you that they were miles better this year than in past years and I think they were the best conference this year. I was pretty shocked that Wisconsin lost in the first round, they easily could have gotten to the final four too. Also, Minnesota was a team that hit a rough patch. I'm a little surprised to see Tubby Smith fired from a program that historically isn't that good at basketball in the B1G. (Well except for that scandal...)

Anyway, the B1G was good this year. Of the teams left, I think IU's got the best shot to win it all right now. Ohio State is going to waltz into a FF spot. And with the way Michigan played their last game, they can beat anyone right now. Kansas is in big trouble, I think they may lose by double digits after struggling against UNC and WKY. All said and done, I'm fairly certain at least one B1G team will be in the championship game, and I think there is an outside shot of 3 of them being in the FF.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
That's the point in the Pod system that's been in effect for about 15 year. The top 16 teams (1-4 seeds) play close to home regardless of region.

Syracuse disagrees...

... And I couldn't be happier.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
If the Big East was in this position you'd be saying it validated all the talk about how tough the conference is. The Big10's been the best conference by far in the tournament. Of course people are going to talk about it.

Show me a year when the Big East got every one of their top seeds in virtual home games, and I might agree with you. I'll wait.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Now you understand how a lot of people felt when all they heard was the BE is the best conference ever. Getting 11 teams into the NCAA tour. We liked it but most people did not.

I'm not complaining about the quantity, nor am I saying they weren't the best conference this year. The hosannas are getting a little too loud and frequent for my taste, though, given the home games.

Reaction Score
In 2008-2009, the big east had 4 teams make the elite 8 (out of 7 total teams), with NOva and Pitt playing each other that round.

If the big 10 can match that 4, I'll be impressed.

It does seem like the talking heads prefer the big ten to other conferences, with the ACC a distant 2nd.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
prefernece goes to the higher seed.

To play in San Jose they would have had to have been graded the lowest four seed, which I find hard to believe after they made the Big East finals.

And they still had to play a 12 seed 35 minutes from campus. Not all that fair to them.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
To play in San Jose they would have had to have been graded the lowest four seed, which I find hard to believe after they made the Big East finals.

And they still had to play a 12 seed 35 minutes from campus. Not all that fair to them.

I looked into the Pod system a little more. It seems it tries to minimize the travel for all the tournaments teams, not just the top 16 (Though I still thnk they are given preferential treatment, as available). Just unlucky for 'Cuse this year. Oh well. I ain't losing sleep over it either.

I do remember UConn getting 1 seeds in West and having to play out there, but not batting an eye because they would be away from the East Coast media circus.

Reaction Score
In 2008-2009, the big east had 4 teams make the elite 8 (out of 7 total teams), with NOva and Pitt playing each other that round.

If the big 10 can match that 4, I'll be impressed.

It does seem like the talking heads prefer the big ten to other conferences, with the ACC a distant 2nd.

Wat? The ACC was way down this year and I don't think anyone is skirting that fact. It's hard to deny the BE the 2nd spot, albeit distant.

Reaction Score

I remember hearing they don't do the S-scheduling anymore on Selection Sunday.

Reaction Score
Zeller is a damn beanpole..hoosiers are soft..I think things are gonna be ok in the new conference ...its just a lot of hype

Reaction Score
Wat? The ACC was way down this year and I don't think anyone is skirting that fact. It's hard to deny the BE the 2nd spot, albeit distant.

What I meant is that the media likes the ACC and prefer that they are good. It's not that they (the media) won't acknowledge that the ACC is down, like this year.

I just think that the Big East takes a back seat to the Big Ten and ACC as far as the media's preference.

Reaction Score
What I meant is that the media likes the ACC and prefer that they are good. It's not that they (the media) won't acknowledge that the ACC is down, like this year.

I just think that the Big East takes a back seat to the Big Ten and ACC as far as the media's preference.

Still not seeing that. A lot of people were hyping Louisville as the winner of this tournament. I can't see that being anti-Big East.

Reaction Score
Still not seeing that. A lot of people were hyping Louisville as the winner of this tournament. I can't see that being anti-Big East.

Yeah, well then replace Jay Williams with Dicky Simpkins and Hubert Davis's old position with John Celestand.

Then I'll agree with YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog