Anyone else just worn out and sick of it? | The Boneyard

Anyone else just worn out and sick of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have started to post then stopped mid sentence and said "F it" no less than 20 times in the last 3 days. This is just getting so monotonous and nothing is happening. When I come to the realignment board, there is rarely anything new anymore because we've beat it to death. I can't even enjoy the hoop or football boards because I am far more consumed with the conference garbage. Really frustrating how this is ruining football season, and if there is no resolution soon, probably basketball season too. I just can't move on for some reason. Anyone else share this disease?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Nope, because every day I look at a country like Somalia and think where UConn ends up is an unimportant event in life. I just put this in perspective. UConn as an institution will survive any outcome of realignment. The worst possible impact that can happen is that my excitement level for UConn's athletics may be reduced. Big deal.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I have started to post then stopped mid sentence and said "F it" no less than 20 times in the last 3 days. This is just getting so monotonous and nothing is happening. When I come to the realignment board, there is rarely anything new anymore because we've beat it to death. I can't even enjoy the hoop or football boards because I am far more consumed with the conference garbage. Really frustrating how this is ruining football season, and if there is no resolution soon, probably basketball season too. I just can't move on for some reason. Anyone else share this disease?

I am in the same boat.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Nope, because every day I look at a country like Somalia and think where UConn ends up is an unimportant event in life. I just put this in perspective. UConn as an institution will survive any outcome of realignment. The worst possible impact that can happen is that my excitement level for UConn's athletics may be reduced. Big deal.
Damn you and your level-headedness. :)

Reaction Score

This video will make you feel better. "Heartbeathusky" posted this on another thread but if you haven't seen it yet, here you see the master plan. This is the same plan Norman Schwarzkopf used in the first Gulf War.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Damn you and your level-headedness. :)
Just think of it as a slap in the face like we might do to someone who is acting hysterically on a small boat far from shore because they dropped their expensive cell phone in the water.

This whole process on this forum demonstrates the best part and the worst part of people trying to come up with a solution to a complex problem that has important consequences, many players with different agendas, and an unknown of how things can and will work out.

The most compassionate and flexible of us will take an outside perspective of all the ideas floating on this forum and realize the difficulty that the universities in the BE conference and the commissioner had in coming to a resolution in the past and currently. The most jaded of us believe we are superior to the task and if we were in control of the situation we would get the results we advocate. That is an easy argument to make when one doesn't have to prove it.

I enjoy engaging in discussion with reasonable people. I find it tiring to engage with argumentative people even if they have some reasonable suggestions. So I limit my interactions to some extent.

I would say this process has some ways to go before it gets resolved, As some of us like to say the situation is fluid. So if this is getting to anyone, just take a few days off. This is like any "Soap Opera". The players are the same with just a few twists in the story line.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
There should be some developments in the short term (exit fee hike tonight, invites accepted or not sent out (i.e., non-public decline) but it's still possible the next round of moves could be months or years away. The TV contract situation also won't be settled immediately. So there may be a need to keep the CR board around for a while... hopefully the B12 situation gets settled with BYU/Boise so that at least we know we can hang on to WVU/UL for the short term.

That video from the Louisville Courier-Journal is pretty good though. Very insightful analysis.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's an interesting and complex problem. I think we've all said what we think should be done, or could be done, or should have been done, or was done behind the scenes by all powerful puppet masters from the center of the universe in Bristol, CT. There is nothing left to be said. It's all speculative and none of us can affect any of it.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
It just gets to me when you have one group of people who just want to toss around ideas and discuss stuff and then this other group just has to be right. I mean, none of us is really on the inside. Yeah, some people have some inside lnowledge or industry experience and no one is really an insider but if you look at some of the posts a few sure do think they are.

Our school was put in a situation by the ACC and quite possibly by ESPN, too. There is no easy, palatable answer and there are a wide range of possibilities that can exist in some way, shape or form, believe it or not.

Reaction Score
I just take comfort in my belief that UConn finally has strong leadership and that collectively they are all going in the same direction. I think that this whole situation has made the university take stock of itself, and I believe it will become stronger.
The rest is just talk, which is fine until tip-off.

Reaction Score
You hit it Arnie. The key is the leadership we have. I would have been much more worried about where we will land with our prior Presidents, but with Ms Herbst in charge I sleep the sleep of angels.

Reaction Score
i think you'll be able to relax once you come to terms that we'll be in the Big East for at least several more years. there's zero chance of going to the ACC anytime soon. they wanted 2 teams to redo their terribly underpriced contract and that's that. the contract's redone so even if they lose clemson they'll have time to worry about who to add.

you'll be able to enjoy the process a little more if you just worry about what teams the BE will add, because apparently that is inevitable and we'll be with the BE for that. look forward to and enjoy at least another 4 or 5 BE tourneys before another shuffle.

Reaction Score

This video will make you feel better. "Heartbeathusky" posted this on another thread but if you haven't seen it yet, here you see the master plan. This is the same plan Norman Schwarzkopf used in the first Gulf War.

We realize this is satire, right?

I mean, he's imagining we take Navy and Air Force for war purposes. It's funny, except that I think some people are taking this seriously...

http://literallyunbelievable.org/

Reaction Score
I think the melodrama people create over athletics is tiring. IT IS JUST ENTERTAINMENT. If you don't like what's going on, go be a BC fan. No one is stopping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom