Anyone else getting annoying ads at the top of your phone screen? | The Boneyard

Anyone else getting annoying ads at the top of your phone screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@temery, for the past 3 days I’ve been getting banner ads at the top of my phone screen (Apple). Phone only - doesn’t happen on iPad or Mac. They cover up the tool bar where you see alerts and inbox messages. I’ve learned how to get rid of them - one at a time - but another one will appear in a few seconds. Major PIA. Ideas for blocking these?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No but my phone has apparently gotten Tourette's and randomly inserts words and phrases like "catch" "catchy" and "catch up" when I voice text. I'm serious. It's kind of weird, and definitely annoying.

Reaction Score
Sometimes you just can't get rid of them, giving up.

Reaction Score
Not only those banners but on my laptop I now get videos popping up on the bottom corners of pages. Don't you all love those "updates" that are suppose to be for our benefit?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Yes on my Android phone.
And usually when I login to the forum I get a full page ad that I have to dismiss before I see the main page again.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Yes and also in just the past few days on my laptop I'm seeing ads interspersed between every two or three posts. Obtrusive.

Reaction Score
Yes and also in just the past few days on my laptop I'm seeing ads interspersed between every two or three posts. Obtrusive.
I don't get those on my laptop, but I do on tablet and phone. They're easy to just scroll past (and are sort of amusing - like yesterday I ordered a refrigerator water filter from Amazon, and very next BY visit I'm getting ads for refrigerator water filters). But the new ads at the top of the phone screen obscure the tool bar and make it take twice as long to navigate around - ugh.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Google has changed their algorithm and policies for ad placement. You'll have to deal with it, same as me, until I figure out how to lessen the impact of their changes, while honoring my agreement with them.

@j66kicker Please send a screen shot to me via pm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104