Anyone else getting annoyed? | The Boneyard

Anyone else getting annoyed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pretty sure most everyone has been reading or listening to everything they can about this latest, fantastic move by Warde, but, every coach interview I've seen or heard about PP and Kiffin has gone something to the effect of "he should have had more time." Is this just coaches looking out for their own jobs, or does anyone really believe these two most recent former head coaches deserved any more time to destroy their respective programs?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Pretty sure most everyone has been reading or listening to everything they can about this latest, fantastic move by Warde, but, every coach interview I've seen or heard about PP and Kiffin has gone something to the effect of "he should have had more time." Is this just coaches looking out for their own jobs, or does anyone really believe these two most recent former head coaches deserved any more time to destroy their respective programs?

The former. No doubt in my mind.

Coaching is an informal fraternity. They see what happened to one of their own and it plants a seed that they are vulnerable. What I don't get is how much more time are they looking for? The most recent former coaching regime was 10-18 in their 28 games and looked terrible vs. a MAC team after just giving the #15 team in the land a run for their money...during the same season as losing to a FCS team.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Never forget, coaches are full of crap. Every Big East coach couldn't say enough good things about Dom Perno back in the day. They had nothing nice to say about JC for the longest time.

Reactions: TKs

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Even KC Keeler during games would go out of his way to say that he thought PP was a good coach... even when he openly wondered WTF we were doing on offense.

I have definitely learned one thing through this whole process though: Head for the hills if you ever hear the phrase: "He hasn't forgotten how to coach." because the coach in question has defintely forgotten how to coach.

Reaction Score
Even KC Keeler during games would go out of his way to say that he thought PP was a good coach... even when he openly wondered WTF we were doing on offense.

I have definitely learned one thing through this whole process though: Head for the hills if you ever hear the phrase: "He hasn't forgotten how to coach." because the coach in question has defintely forgotten how to coach.

It might not be that the coach has forgotten how to coach as much as it is that they don't have the stomach for recruiting anymore.

Reaction Score
Most of the national stuff I've seen says P should never have been hired in the first place.

I've seen that also, and completely agree. For some reason it has been getting under my skin hearing these guys say stuff like "they should have given him time to right the ship" or "he should have been able to correct this season during conference play." How much time do these college and HS football coaches think a disaster should be given? 2 1/3 seasons is 1 1/3 seasons too many in my book.

On a side note, heard this on the radio the other day and completely agree. The only reason these HS football coaches liked PP was because he gave their 2nd tier kids a possible shot at a BCS level school. These CT high school coaches wanted their 2nd rate players to come to UConn while sending thier best to every other school out there.

Reaction Score

You have to understand that, despite our feelings about Coach, he is VERY well regarded in coaching circles. I have friends on lower profile program football staffs, and they’ve all said this. So the coaching fraternity is not going to toss him under the bus.

Reaction Score
I've seen that also, and completely agree. For some reason it has been getting under my skin hearing these guys say stuff like "they should have given him time to right the ship" or "he should have been able to correct this season during conference play." How much time do these college and HS football coaches think a disaster should be given? 2 1/3 seasons is 1 1/3 seasons too many in my book.

On a side note, heard this on the radio the other day and completely agree. The only reason these HS football coaches liked PP was because he gave their 2nd tier kids a possible shot at a BCS level school. These CT high school coaches wanted their 2nd rate players to come to UConn while sending thier best to every other school out there.

A) The only people saying that are coaches. Of course they're going to say that.

and

B) That is why Edsall was hated in CT. He didn't take the borderline CT kid and the coaches didn't like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom