Anyone else excited? | The Boneyard

Anyone else excited?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am really looking forward to what KO can do with the 2014 class.
It has to help saying to kids that RP (a Mc D AA) will be your starting PG.
I also think KO is built for the world we live in today- positive- NBA experience- and a great mentor. Parents have to love him or they are just crazy.

We are so DOOMED!!!!

Reaction Score
Have to agree. I think everything is looking up. I cannot tell you how good it feels to be so involved in recruiting again. It seems like we are on a ton of lists and are actually a priority again.

Reaction Score
Yes, feel the same way. I think the Purvis transfer was just the start and a sign of how players view KO. For Purvis, a McD AA, top 20 guy to give up a guaranteed starting job in NC State's backcourt and sit out a year to come here says alot. Like aboogieee I expect 3 to 4 top 100 recruits, with hopefully one of them being from the top 25-30.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Jeez already? You really are a walking hard on for UConn basketball! I say that in the nicest possible manner, mind you.

U

UCONNfan1

Yes, feel the same way. I think the Purvis transfer was just the start and a sign of how players view KO. For Purvis, a McD AA, top 20 guy to give up a guaranteed starting job in NC State's backcourt and sit out a year to come here says alot. Like aboogieee I expect 3 to 4 top 100 recruits, with hopefully one of them being from the top 25-30.
Agree. Not sure the floodgates open quite yet, but when a high profile McD AA 5 star kid comes to UCONN, it can only help the perception that UCONN is past all the "issues" and a true destination school...

Reaction Score
I think KO will eventually be able to recruit even more effectively than Calhoun did because he's young, charismatic, has NBA experience, and is a "player's coach". Calhoun had a way of finding diamonds in the rough. Ollie, I think, will be able to nab recruits that are already highly rated and won't always have to dig as deep.

If we can get ourselves into a power conference, look out.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
"can't wait"

Reaction Score
I am eay more excited for next season than I am for recruiting, but that's just me.
Me too, I don't like looking past the next season too much, because there is a ton of stuff that will happen in that time frame. Not to mention the team we have set up for next season! But it will be very interesting to see how KO does with that class, and it will be telling to how recruits feel about him and Uconn.

Reaction Score
Well guys while we are waiting around for what SN' is going to do next year -it does not hurt to talk about the program in a positive way. All Uconn fans care about next year- 2014 just happens to have A LOT of open spots.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
I am eay more excited for next season than I am for recruiting, but that's just me.

I'm stoked for next season too, but in terms of recruiting, the class of 2014 is our next "recuriting season." It'll be exciting to see what KO does.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
I am excited. Don't get me wrong. But is anyone else worried that he is casting too wide of a net? It seems like he has offered everyone inside the top 50, but has landed no one (besides Purvis, of course). I know that 2014 recruits will commit later, but I'd certainly like to see some traction sometime soon before I get really excited about his recruiting.

Reaction Score
I am excited. Don't get me wrong. But is anyone else worried that he is casting too wide of a net? It seems like he has offered everyone inside the top 50, but has landed no one (besides Purvis, of course). I know that 2014 recruits will commit later, but I'd certainly like to see some traction sometime soon before I get really excited about his recruiting.

I prefer it. When you cast a wide net some of the fish almost willingly swim right into it. My hope is this approach leads us to getting our 3rd or 4th choice more often and reduces the scrambling at the end for filler like Trice, Haralson etc.

Reaction Score

When you're trying to bring in a class to replace up to 6 players, you have no choice but to cast a wide net. Unless you are Kentucky, you're going to hear "no" a whole lot more than you hear "yes" so you're going to have to recruit a whole lot more than 6 guys to fill 6 spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom