Anybody else? | The Boneyard

Anybody else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm a bit jacked up. A little on edge. Anybody else? These guys are just getting going, first double session day today. I don't have to do training camp for my part. Grills have been fired, supplies readied, tickets received. I'm ready.

So let's go.

For anybody that missed it. Bill Parcells HOF acceptance speech. The Laboratory.

I hope were cooking up something real good in the laboratory.

Reaction Score
I'm a bit jacked up. A little on edge. Anybody else? These guys are just getting going, first double session day today. I don't have to do training camp for my part. Grills have been fired, supplies readied, tickets received. I'm ready.

So let's go.

For anybody that missed it. Bill Parcells HOF acceptance speech. The Laboratory.

I watched his speech over the weekend, He used "Let's Go" a few times. I hadn't realized until this speech that P was using a Parcellsism with his "Lets Go".

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

So let's go.

Even the videos you post are long. :)

I'm with ya Carl. Can't wait for Towson. I feel like we've turned the page on the last 2 seasons, but what do I know... Proof will be on the field!!

Reaction Score
I'm trying to move back to CT to go see some games. I never been and very excited to see Michigan coming to town. Those top of the rent seats are looking good about now, with the 150$ going rate for the Michigan game. The one thing that I'm concerned about is the no-huddle offense. With all the turnovers, especially by Chandler, is he the right guy to put out there? Not to mention the o-line has to be one cohesive unit, which hopefully they will be to start the season. It's just hard growing up with smash-mouth style football and now the no-huddle. Well I guess I got used to the Giants with Eli throwing the ball all over the place, so instead of being a Debbie! I'm with ya Carl Lets Go!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I a trying really hard to temper my expectations. The last two years were just downright disappointing. I feel like the defense can be very good, led by a potential AA lb. The offense has a lot of experience and a new guy calling plays. It's a nice recipe for a successful season. Yeah, I'm excited for Towson.

Reaction Score
Had a late day today, driving East on I-84 at 7:30 caught a glimpse of the Rent just as you pass the DOT garage. There were some lights on in the press tower. Yeah, I'm ready.

Reaction Score
I read Carl's post and went home and tackled my whole family.

How was your technique? Head across the face, chest to chest, wrap up and drive through with the legs?

My all time favorite tackler. Jack Lambert. Nobody wrapped, and ran through tackles like Lambert. Most technically proficient tackler I've ever seen. The story goes that Art Rooney Jr, went to Kent State in the early 70's to scout Lambert, and the practice fields were in bad shape because of rain, and they knew scouts were in attendance, so they went to practice on harder lot, used for parking cars, with lots of gravel and cinders. Nobody was hitting the ground in practice, except lambert and the player he was hitting. He was in shorts and pads and helmet and flying around like usual and after one miss, ended up face down in pile of gravel. Refused to come off the field, and for the rest of practice was picking out gravel from his bleeding face, arms and legs inbetween snaps. Only time Rooney actually saw him before drafting him in the second round.

Every laboratory, needs a heart and soul, every laboratory needs an enforcer, every laboratory needs a leader. I wonder who they are on this 2013 UCONN team.

Lambert was the enforcer.

Reaction Score
Spackler what's your favorite tailgait poison? I'd like to stop by on the 29th with a 6 pack for you.

Reaction Score
The new O may be a heart attack but I'm ready for it. Better than the snoozefest that was NC State. Turn the page we've got some underrated talent and a new system that's going to be a mystery to our opponents. Hopefully not to us.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'm trying to move back to CT to go see some games. I never been and very excited to see Michigan coming to town. Those top of the rent seats are looking good about now, with the 150$ going rate for the Michigan game. The one thing that I'm concerned about is the no-huddle offense. With all the turnovers, especially by Chandler, is he the right guy to put out there? Not to mention the o-line has to be one cohesive unit, which hopefully they will be to start the season. It's just hard growing up with smash-mouth style football and now the no-huddle. Well I guess I got used to the Giants with Eli throwing the ball all over the place, so instead of being a Debbie! I'm with ya Carl Lets Go!

More concerned about the D being on the field too much. Hurry-up O is fine. Hurry-up 3 and outs are killer.

I a trying really hard to temper my expectations. The last two years were just downright disappointing. I feel like the defense can be very good, led by a potential AA lb. The offense has a lot of experience and a new guy calling plays. It's a nice recipe for a successful season. Yeah, I'm excited for Towson.

I hope so. Excited for the season to start, yes, but maybe not so much for Towson.

How was your technique? Head across the face, chest to chest, wrap up and drive through with the legs?

My all time favorite tackler. Jack Lambert. Nobody wrapped, and ran through tackles like Lambert. Most technically proficient tackler I've ever seen. The story goes that Art Rooney Jr, went to Kent State in the early 70's to scout Lambert, and the practice fields were in bad shape because of rain, and they knew scouts were in attendance, so they went to practice on harder lot, used for parking cars, with lots of gravel and cinders. Nobody was hitting the ground in practice, except lambert and the player he was hitting. He was in shorts and pads and helmet and flying around like usual and after one miss, ended up face down in pile of gravel. Refused to come off the field, and for the rest of practice was picking out gravel from his bleeding face, arms and legs inbetween snaps. Only time Rooney actually saw him before drafting him in the second round.

Every laboratory, needs a heart and soul, every laboratory needs an enforcer, every laboratory needs a leader. I wonder who they are on this 2013 UCONN team.

Just wanted to reference Terry Tate, Office Linebacker.

Reaction Score

Seriously. They line up against me all of the time. My wife is a fitness fanatic. My oldest son is going into HS and will play football this fall for Platt. My youngest is 10. I routinely make a pile out of them. Sometimes even some of her workout buddies. Took down 5 of them one day while they were training for Tough Mudder.

Reaction Score
So in reality it is more of a group pancake than a group tackle. But as a former OT that's just fine by me.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Seriously. My wife is a fitness fanatic. I routinely make a pile out of them. Sometimes even some of her workout buddies. Took down 5 of them one day.

This is how my brain read your post. Nice!

Reaction Score
Seriously. They line up against me all of the time. My wife is a fitness fanatic. My oldest son is going into HS and will play football this fall for Platt. My youngest is 10. I routinely make a pile out of them. Sometimes even some of her workout buddies. Took down 5 of them one day while they were training for Tough Mudder.

Platt tech?

1986 Class SS state title game. Platt got all the press, because they had a RB that was supposed to be pretty good. Got blanked 31-0. Destroyed. There were some pretty good players out there that night and they didn't play for Platt. :) I hope things are different for your boy!

Reaction Score
No idea. Will see. But will be fun. He tried when he was 8 and quit in favor of baseball. But going to the Rent, bowl games and the Super Bowl and spending time with Sio has put the bug in him. And now he has some size on him too. So it begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom