Anybody else catch ESPNU's view of Big East Media Day? | The Boneyard

Anybody else catch ESPNU's view of Big East Media Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
More bulletin board material for our boys...
that's all I gotta say... very little touched on about UCONN football... which, IMO, means not too much respect...plus Luginbill musta a read a key card about us he had set up a month ago...

Reaction Score
Yes...I did and I agree, but I was impressed with Coach P's tan and his pearly white teeth!!! lol

Reaction Score
A total disrespect!, They knew nothing about our program, or players.
They breezed by UCONN as if we were Temple!

Temple got more profile, go figure.

Luginbill then went on to suggest that unless on a program(S) stands out as a clear dominate program every season, the BE will always be a second rate conference.

I kinda like the idea of all teams being able to shoot for the conference title.

Reaction Score
Yes...I did and I agree, but I was impressed with Coach P's tan and his pearly white teeth!!! lol

the pearly whites moreso (lol).. Dude got rid of all the coffee stains...

Reaction Score

Luginbill then went on to suggest that unless on a program(S) stands out as a clear dominate program every season, the BE will always be a second rate conference.

I kinda like the idea of all teams being able to shoot for the conference title.

I just want us to shut guys like Luginbill up.. He's got way too much pull as an analyst that folks rely on ( and value unfortunately, when he opens his mouth .. kinda got that warren buffet affect , but in college football )... I just want us to shut his hind parts up... for good...

Reaction Score

You know, I have said for a long time that this is a huge problem for the Big East. it doesn't matter that Big East teams can play with anybody as a general rule, or that the Big East Champ is usually comptitive with any other conference champ, certainly far more than the ACC Champ, as our 7-7 BCS record shows. It has been a problem that since 2005, the first year of the Big East 2.0, West Virginia, Louisville, Cincinnatti, UConn, and Pitt have all won at least a share of the conference title. In the same period, VaTech has won 3 ACC crowns and has played in every championship game but 1. The fact that they 1-4 in BCS games is less of a consideration than that they are always at the top of their league. So everyone "knows" VaTech is a good team. You look at the big 10 and Ohio State had 6 titles or portions of titles, one since vacated. Last year was the first time since 2001 that Ohio State or Michigan didn't at least share the Big title (again noting that Ohio State has since vacated its 2010 share). So nobody in the Big East really attracts the level of attention to the league that Ohio State, or VaTech attract to their conferences. When you think of the ACC you think of Florida State, who didn't lose a league game in its first 5 years or so, and VaTech which has dominated lately. Big is Ohio State and Michigan. SEC, Alabama, LSU, nobody thinks of Old Miss or Miss State.

Reaction Score
I just don't get that having 1 or 2 perennial champs makes you a better "conference".

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It doesn't but having a conference champ who is better the most of the rest of BCS schools makes it seem like you are. If the BE champ starts knocking off the old guard of college football, we'll get some props. The more it happens, the more respect we'll get. It takes time.

Reaction Score
It doesn't, but the fact that you have a team or two that almost always win lots of conference games just draws attention to the team and the conference. Plus, that team will pretty much always be ranked, since given the way teams schedule, they will usually win 2 or 3 non-conference games...go 3-1 with wins over a MAC, a mid-BCS team and a 1AA and then 7-1 in the conference and you will be ranked in the top 15 every time, probably top 10. do it a couple of years in succession and you'll be ranked higher each time. It has also hurt that the Big East has only played 7 league games, but the way. And it gets you and by extension the conference better known.

Reaction Score
More bulletin board material for our boys...
that's all I gotta say... very little touched on about UCONN football... which, IMO, means not too much respect...plus Luginbill musta a read a key card about us he had set up a month ago...
When Luginbill's partner was interviewing Coach P., he asked questions about everything BUT UConn football. (his history with Syracuse & what it will be like to lead the opposing team into the Carrier Dome, The plight of Penn State football, the stability of the Big East). It got incrementally more annoying with each question that he asked.

Reaction Score
Luginbill liked us as a surprise team in the conference this season.

The questions to Coach P were ridiculous though, I agree with that.

Reaction Score
It doesn't but having a conference champ who is better the most of the rest of BCS schools makes it seem like you are. If the BE champ starts knocking off the old guard of college football, we'll get some props. The more it happens, the more respect we'll get. It takes time.

not true. WVU played great in their BCS games the first few years of BEv2.0 and we still didn't get any respect, all we got was poached. if Boise State wins a few BCS games under the Big East banner they'll probably be poached too. i'm tired of worrying about our conference, i just want to watch some damned football.

Reaction Score
When Luginbill's partner was interviewing Coach P., he asked questions about everything BUT UConn football. (his history with Syracuse & what it will be like to lead the opposing team into the Carrier Dome, The plight of Penn State football, the stability of the Big East). It got incrementally more annoying with each question that he asked.
You're absolutely right, not one question regarding UConn FB. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought Coach P was still in orange!! Smh!!

Reaction Score
F@ck the E
F&ck the S
duck the P
F%ck the N

and that little mouse with the big black ears.

Yes I'm pissed, No McNeal, No Stewart, and no Fortt.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I just want us to shut guys like Luginbill up.. He's got way too much pull as an analyst that folks rely on ( and value unfortunately, when he opens his mouth .. kinda got that warren buffet affect , but in college football )... I just want us to shut his hind parts up... for good...

I'm gonna be perfectly honest, I've watched a lot of college football and college football live and whatnot and I have no clue who this Luginbill guy is so I don't know how he can have so much pull. I'm not saying I'm the barometer for that but if someone who watches a lot of college football doesn't know who he is, I'm not gonna lose sleep over the fact that ANOTHER ESPN personality thinks little or nothing of the BE and UConn.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
ESPN played down the Big East as it has for the last few years. They wanted to destroy the Big East plain and simple. I can't wait to the Big East ends up at NBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom