Any word Kimani Young might be interested in the Miners head coaching job vacancy at his alma mater | The Boneyard

Any word Kimani Young might be interested in the Miners head coaching job vacancy at his alma mater

Reaction Score
Just asking, UTEP head basketball coach Rodney Terry left his job to be an assistant at UT Longhorns today. Any word Kimani Young might be interested in the Miners head coaching job vacancy at his alma mater. Was a star player there back in 1990's.

Reaction Score
Just asking, UTEP head basketball coach Rodney Terry left his job to be an assistant at UT Longhorns today. Any word Kimani Young might be interested in the Miners head coaching job vacancy at his alma mater. Was a star player there back in 1990's.

No chance. His home base is Jersey. All his recruiting talent would be wasted there

Reaction Score
UTEP was amazingly once a basketball power (prior to being called UTEP) Now it's a springboard to a better job.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
The problem with taking the UTEP job is that you have to live in El Paso.
TBF it is a classic nice place to visit wouldn't want to live there location. Guadalupe Mountains and Big Bend National Parks are spectacular, especially in spring.

Reaction Score
I've probably been to El Paso more than most here as I went to college 45 minutes away in New Mexico and have friends that still live there. El Paso has a ton of history, a beautiful backdrop with the Franklin Mountains, and obviously the best Mexican food around. Also one of the best steakhouses in the States not too far away. Surprisingly one of the safest cities in the United States of its size with it bordering Juarez. The Sun Bowl is a phenomenal place to catch a football game.

With all that said...it isn't a place I'd want to live and raise a family. There isn't a ton going on and Juarez is no longer an area where locals want to go into anymore. Though Juarez on Thursday's when I was in college was another story...happy to be able to get out of there alive and tell a few stories!

Reaction Score
Wasn't that 1966? First all black starting 5 to win the championship.
You are correct, it was 1966. I remember watching that game, rooting for Texas Western. I checked the list of all previous champions and seeing Connecticut listed 4 times put a big smile on my face.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I've probably been to El Paso more than most here as I went to college 45 minutes away in New Mexico and have friends that still live there. El Paso has a ton of history, a beautiful backdrop with the Franklin Mountains, and obviously the best Mexican food around. Also one of the best steakhouses in the States not too far away. Surprisingly one of the safest cities in the United States of its size with it bordering Juarez. The Sun Bowl is a phenomenal place to catch a football game.

With all that said...it isn't a place I'd want to live and raise a family. There isn't a ton going on and Juarez is no longer an area where locals want to go into anymore. Though Juarez on Thursday's when I was in college was another story...happy to be able to get out of there alive and tell a few stories!
I've told this story before, but it's been awhile. I had to go to a maquiladora trade show there in 1994. The highlights of my first night in El Paso:
  • I check into a cheap white cinder block motel as the major hotels were booked. I ask for a smoking room. Clerk says they don't have one, but he'll make an exception since someone drove a pickup into the last smoking room the night before. It was the room next to mine. The plastic sheeting covering the huge hole made noise whenever the wind picked up.
  • I walk to the closest bar to grab a bite and a beer. It's the bartender's 18th birthday. And she flashes to everyone who buys her a drink. I was there about 45 minutes. She was hammered by time I left.
  • So, her sister, who was 16, manned the bar. When she smiled, I noticed she actually had green teeth. I'd never seen that before. This was not St. Patricks Day.
  • I get the runs from my tacos.

Granted, the above might be viewed as a completely positive experience by some here.

Reaction Score
He has a more realistic chance with Cincy seeing as he’s close with the AD as some on the Cincy message board have notice. He’s probably one more year away from a Dwayne Killings like job.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Bugs Bunny No GIF

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member