Any word in uniforms tomorrow? | The Boneyard

Any word in uniforms tomorrow?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Not positive on this, but IIRC spring game doesnt have helmet decals or game jersey, but just the plain white helmets and practice jerseys

Reaction Score
That's what your interested in? My God I want to see people hitting each other like they actually belong on a Div 1 football field. I want to see cohesion on the offensive side of the ball. I want to see the offense outwitting the defense for scores but then the defense adjusting and slamming the door shut. I want to see the team perform like they belong in Div 1 and I don't care if they show up in their underwear to get it done. Play some F--ng football like you belong there. Quit embarrassing the University and whatever fans are left. Who gives a what they wear?

Reaction Score
They don't wear game uniforms with decals in these spring games, last few season they've been wearing the remnants of their 2013-14 unis with plain white helmets. In fact, I think they sold a bunch of that equipment at the merchandise sale last year.

Reaction Score
I bought a mini-helmet at the concession outside the gate. Dude working there said they were gonna wear the Block C helmets for one game this season.

So there’s that.

Reaction Score
Practice jerseys are showing their age. Kevin Murphy has worn the blue off the 94 on the front of his uniform.

Reaction Score
I bought a mini-helmet at the concession outside the gate. Dude working there said they were gonna wear the Block C helmets for one game this season.

So there’s that.

Boys got nice varsity jackets with a nice block C on the front this year..

Reaction Score
83E9506A-AECD-47E7-BEF6-EC4DF8A52762.jpeg

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Block C = the Giants' "NY"

Husky head = the Giants' "GIANTS"

I'm a Pats fan, but the Giants' helmet illustrates the point better.

Reaction Score

Agreed, but as a Pats fan, do you want the hiking Patriot or the Hair Metal Patriot. One is a classic, the other sucks, but all those championships with it. It’s a tough call.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Agreed, but as a Pats fan, do you want the hiking Patriot or the Hair Metal Patriot. One is a classic, the other sucks, but all those championships with it. It’s a tough call.
It is tough. I wish they would have won the Super Bowls with Pete the Patriot. That's who I grew up with in the 1970's ... John Hannah, Steve Grogan, Russ Francis, Stanley Morgan, et al.

But it's hard to go against Flying Elvis with all those big wins.

Reaction Score
Pat the Patriot beats Elvis every time. Patriots don’t use it anymore even for throwback games due to some arcane NFL uniform rule. I think you can’t change your main color or something dopey like that. And Pat looks strange on silver helmet.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Pat the Patriot beats Elvis every time. Patriots don’t use it anymore even for throwback games due to some arcane NFL uniform rule. I think you can’t change your main color or something dopey like that. And Pat looks strange on silver helmet.
I love the original red unis and white helmets. The Pats have the most colorful history in the NFL and most of those antics were in the old unis.

But it was slightly odd seeing them in red because it was the British who wore red.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

UConn tried the "GIANTS" logo way before the Husky head. It's #15 below (a case can be made for #12 as well).

uconn+helmets.bmp

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-18_12-1-31.jpeg
    upload_2018-4-18_12-1-31.jpeg
    11.3 KB · Views: 77

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Is a 2013 rule really arcane? It has to do with the helmets.

"In 2013, the league, based on the advice of its Head, Neck and Spine Committee and Player Safety Advisory Panel, passed a rule that prohibited teams from using more than one helmet in a given season. Those committees found that a broken-in helmet was far safer than one fresh out of the box."

The Pat the Patriot color scheme is completely different than the Flying Elvis, but to use the throwbacks and not look awful doing it, players would have to surrender their broken in headwear to allow for painting, curing, and decals.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
UConn tried the "GIANTS" logo way before the Husky head. It's #15 below (a case can be made for #12 as well).

uconn+helmets.bmp
Thanks. #9 and #10 were from my era.

#15 isn't bad. I prefer #4.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

uconn+helmets.bmp
Maybe it's because it was the helmet and logo prevalent while I was in school but I liked #15. I really liked the UConn logo with the red U. I know that this is not a primary color for us and it's a spot of contention to some uniform crazy folks. I personally likes it and still have gear with that logo on it that I like a lot more then the new stuff.

Reaction Score
I love the original red unis and white helmets. The Pats have the most colorful history in the NFL and most of those antics were in the old unis.

But it was slightly odd seeing them in red because it was the British who wore red.
Yes but we pay more taxes with all the adjustments than we ever did under the British monarchy. Considering the high taxes in MA which is less than say CT NY city or CA the red uniform is fitting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom