Any updates on Kia Stokes' injury | The Boneyard

Any updates on Kia Stokes' injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
SNY simply noted in its pre-game show that Kia has been out for the past two games with a "hip injury."

Anyone know what it is? How serious it is?

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I read somewhere that she had a hip injury and was done for the year.

Reaction Score
I read somewhere that she had a hip injury and was done for the year.

After the Seattle game, the announcer just said that they didn't know when she'd be back.

Seems to me that the fans deserve more information than that. Sheesh!!

Reaction Score
Thanks for the info. I noticed she was on the bench in civies.

Reaction Score
Well, apparently she is't in much pain. :D

Reaction Score
New York is not the same team without Kiah, they miss her defense, and rebounding, especially her defensive presence.

Absolutely true! Jewel Lloyd would never have been permitted to drive for basket after basket if Kiah had been there. And Crystal Langhorne would never have been permitted free access to all those rebounds if Kiah were patrolling under the basket. Kiah's intimidation factor is grossly under appreciated. She is a key component of the Liberty's winning combination.

Reaction Score
i heard done for regular season hoping to have her back for playoffs, ideally 3rd round (if they win second round)

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Well, apparently she is't in much pain. :D

Purely as a punchline, I believe the appropriate response to that picture is "her hips look fine to me" but I was too chicken to just post that, lest I be though a lecher.

What's also funny is that right after I saw your post, I also ran across this:

I don't know about y'all, but I don't know any "sir" that looks like that.

Seriously, though, the WNBA is terrible with injury information. I guess the teams have a strategic incentive to conceal the information and unlike more popular sports there are few reporters ferreting out the information themselves. I was going nuts trying to figure out what had happened with Delle Donne last night. It was almost comedy. The Sky announcers were running down all the reasons that Chicago was getting hammered, never mentioning the reigning MVP on the bench.

Reaction Score
Purely as a punchline, I believe the appropriate response to that picture is "her hips look fine to me" but I was too chicken to just post that, lest I be though a lecher.

What's also funny is that right after I saw your post, I also ran across this:

I don't know about y'all, but I don't know any "sir" that looks like that.

Seriously, though, the WNBA is terrible with injury information. I guess the teams have a strategic incentive to conceal the information and unlike more popular sports there are few reporters ferreting out the information themselves. I was going nuts trying to figure out what had happened with Delle Donne last night. It was almost comedy. The Sky announcers were running down all the reasons that Chicago was getting hammered, never mentioning the reigning MVP on the bench.

You're right about the WNBA and injury information. The NFL and, I believe, men's NBA, require their teams to list all injuries, and to make public whether a player is going to play, whether game-day decision, or the like. Perhaps it's for gamblers. But perhaps it's for fairness.

I see the comment, not sourced, that Kiah is out for "the regular season." But that is only another week, if that. Four games. And the playoffs are pretty brief. So what happened to her?

Not a matter of privacy; not about personal issues. But about concern for one of our UConn alumnae, and for the person. And for the team.

I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS