Any UConn fans in Houston? Extra ticket to tomorrow's game | The Boneyard

Any UConn fans in Houston? Extra ticket to tomorrow's game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think pics of every Houston game have been posted by emptyseatsgalore on Twitter. Seriously games with <1000 fans

Reaction Score
Yeah, that's what I expected. I just moved to Houston for work. I was born and raised in CT, UConn graduate. I was given 2 tickets to the game as a gift. Just checking if there's another Husky fan in the area who wants to join me. Chances are slim but worth a shot.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that's what I expected. I just moved to Houston for work. I was born and raised in CT, UConn graduate. I was given 2 tickets to the game as a gift. Just checking if there's another Husky fan in the area who wants to join me. Chances are slim but worth a shot.
good for you... hope you get a BYer to join you.

Reaction Score
I think there is a Houston area Alumni association chapter right?

Reaction Score

I usually try to get to all games within a reasonable distance of Dallas, but the days of the games this year are killing me. I'd be going to Houston if it wasn't Super Bowl Sunday. Last year's Houston game was New Year's Eve. I did make the trip in 99-00 for jake Voskuhl's "home" game. It was packed back then. We were coming off a championship that game too, and things were starting to look up for Houston.

Reaction Score

The Houston alumni club is meeting at a place called Calhoun's near the arena. Yes. Calhoun's.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
The Houston alumni club is meeting at a place called Calhoun's near the arena. Yes. Calhoun's.

Indeed we are. The place is called Calhoun's Rooftop. How great a name is that for a UCONN alumni event?

We've got probably 30-40 UCONN alums and fans that will be there tomorrow. 22 of them have to show up because I have their game tickets. Calhoun's is at 4701 Calhoun, across the street from the UH Law School. We had a lot of UCONN fans at Hofheinz last season, even though it was a New Year's Eve game.

Next Sat. the Houston Alumni Network has a trip to New Orleans scheduled for the Tulane game. We've already got 14 people going, and Tulane has offered me additional tickets if anyone is interested. We are meeting at a place called Cooter Brown's in NOLA before the game. The week after we're having an alumni event in Dallas before the SMU game on Valentine's Day. Go to the UCAA website to register for the pre-game event if you'd like to attend.

Having a down year is not going to stop us from partying at every UCONN game in our part of the country. We rocked the Lot 13 tailgate at the Final Four in Arlington. There are probably several thousand UCONN alums living in Texas, and the UCAA has e-mail addresses for a few thousand of us. We have UCONN Alumni Networks in Austin, Dallas and Houston. We have won three men's and one women's Final Four here. Texas is UCONN country!

E-mail me at lnauss@jonesgill.com if you have any questions or if you need tickets to any of these upcoming games.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Hi all,

I have a free extra ticket to tomorrow's game vs. Houston. Send me a message if you're interested.

Ben

I sent you a message, Ben. I've got a friend who needs a ticket to the game. Please join us at Calhoun's before the game. Some of us will probably be getting together after the game to watch the Patriots win the Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom