Any Steve Hashemi ... out there? | The Boneyard

Any Steve Hashemi ... out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
and by that ... I mean Dan Ryan or Zach Hurd as well (and maybe Bryan Cespedes).

Speaking of the first two Connecticut bigs (from Norwich Free Academy & Waterford respectively), it was very gratifying to point to our resident Star Watchers that those kids had quite Productive careers at OLine positions after virtually no notice until well into their Senior HS campaigns. That's the way it is in CT ... and probably most of NE & NY outland football programs.

This post is for ktuck to tell him I am thinking about his needs.

Reaction Score
and by that ... I mean Dan Ryan or Zach Hurd as well (and maybe Bryan Cespedes).

Speaking of the first two Connecticut bigs (from Norwich Free Academy & Waterford respectively), it was very gratifying to point to our resident Star Watchers that those kids had quite Productive careers at OLine positions after virtually no notice until well into their Senior HS campaigns. That's the way it is in CT ... and probably most of NE & NY outland football programs.

This post is for ktuck to tell him I am thinking about his needs.

LOL. Don't forget "big" Mike HIcks frm Seymour on that list.

Reaction Score
Kid looks good.

He was highly touted, but when talking CT linemen, that went to UConn, have to mention Erik Kuraczea from Ansonia. Kid was a beast who should have played in the NFL.

Reaction Score
Only one BIG difference about the two kids from that Housatonic Valley - Mike Hicks & Erik Kuraczea - is that they both verbal'd early in the process and had other D1 schools interested. Dan Ryan, Hurd, Cespedes and Hashemi had no buzz to them the summer before their senior year; even though they obviously had the size. And, then they just appeared after Halloween.

Reaction Score
OL is one of the hardest positions to project out on -- that's why you see so many late offers except for the obvious high end kids.

Reaction Score
OL is one of the hardest positions to project out on -- that's why you see so many late offers except for the obvious high end kids.

I think YOU (as a coaching staff) just want to see that continuing development. If a kid is 6-3 to 6-6 (or more), and you carry 250lbs as a Junior and have shown some good feet, in the northeast there needs to be another 4-7 games of tape or direct watching.

Reaction Score
We're getting bigger up front and better at pass protection. IMO, we are very unathletic up front - stiff. Would love to see us target guys who have frame to grow but are more mobile than I think our guys are now.

I've seen the recruit mentioned above play once this year - I did not see enough in 1 game to say we should use a spot on him. It's always nice to get the local kid, but perhaps we can use the week off to send the staff south, where recruits are in abundance.

Hard to imagine what might have been had Erik and Cody not insisted on hitting the bong more than hitting a DL or WR, respectively

Reaction Score
The Kid Ulizio we had committed last year. I couldn't believe he had no offers except may be some MAC ones cna't remember. Eventually Michigan and the SEC came calling, but he is a perfect example of what you posted.

Reaction Score
Hopefully we can get to the point where we can convince some of the "high end" OL kids to say YES to UCONN a little bit more going forward. Our OL can't only be decent every 3 or 4 years.. lately we haven't even been that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom