Any rules gurus? | The Boneyard

Any rules gurus?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
So the play where Pindell pitched to Mensah who muffed it and the ruling was incomplete pass but it was reviewed and changed to fumble recovered by UCF...how? Once it’s ruled incomplete that’s gotta be it right? The play is dead, doesn’t matter who jumps on it. Admittedly, fumble was the right call but I don’t see how you can review it once it’s called incomplete it’s dead.

Reaction Score
So the play where Pindell pitched to Mensah who muffed it and the ruling was incomplete pass but it was reviewed and changed to fumble recovered by UCF...how? Once it’s ruled incomplete that’s gotta be it right? The play is dead, doesn’t matter who jumps on it. Admittedly, fumble was the right call but I don’t see how you can review it once it’s called incomplete it’s dead.
If there is an immediate clear recovery it can be changed

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This is the NCAA - they do what they want
TBH I have no idea what the rule is but another person watching the game with us said the same thing as you
The officiating this year has been suspect at best
Watching the Auburn/UGA game - the Auburn secondary was getting away with unbelievably open grabbing and pushing

Reaction Score
I was wondering if they blew the play dead because Mensah tried to recover and than when they were rolling around it seemed like he gave up a bit.. granted there was a 300 lb. guy on top of him.

Reaction Score
How about the 1 second facemask on Luke and the 5 second facemask on the UCF receiver? That was BS. Should have been offsetting penalties.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I was wondering if they blew the play dead because Mensah tried to recover and than when they were rolling around it seemed like he gave up a bit.. granted there was a 300 lb. guy on top of him.
The ref was definitely waving it off before the UCF guy scooped it

Reaction Score
The whistle blew right when the ball hit the ground. Renders the play non-reviewable. The fact that the official shouldn’t have blown the whistle doesn’t matter. So ultimately they made two mistakes on the play.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Randy was also really fired up at the moment too. I would like to see AAC rules committee comment on it. Sure we lost by 4 scores but it took the ball out of our hands game them the ball on the 30 (after a penalty on Frost for coming on the field). Tough break.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom