Any other options than Christen? | The Boneyard

Any other options than Christen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tired of watching him miss seemingly anything > 40 yards and now costing 2 games.

Reaction Score
Christen has been unbelievably shaky. Temple game last year? One make we go bowling. Michigan game and Yesterday? He has been tough to watch. I'm sure he is trying really hard.

Reaction Score
True, but do kickers need to redshirt? I agree at this point though, season is pretty lost b

True...kickers don't need a RS to get stronger and skill development is not necessary. :confused: He burned his RS last year so an 0-5 year says let him keep it this year.

Reaction Score
The other option is obvious - go for it if the kick is going to be longer than 40 yards. At some point, it's not Chad's fault for missing 49 yarders - it's the coaches for putting him in a position he has very little chance to succeed.

Reaction Score
The other option is obvious - go for it if the kick is going to be longer than 40 yards. At some point, it's not Chad's fault for missing 49 yarders - it's the coaches for putting him in a position he has very little chance to succeed.
This. We all said it yesterday. NO way Chad makes that kick. Everyone in our section said to go for it before he missed

Reaction Score
The other option is obvious - go for it if the kick is going to be longer than 40 yards.

Agree here. Might as well do it now. Chad isn't going to develop any further (he's a senior), and it seems just as likely that we'll get a 1st down on a 4th and ??? from anywhere beyond the 23, than it is that Chad will make it.

Actually, might be just as prudent to let Cole try a coffin corner punt there. At least that way we would gain a few yards before inevitably giving it back to the other team. Even if he just kicks it into the end zone, we gain a few yards.

As an aside, I feel bad for Chad. He was really good. I don't know what happened, but it just hasn't been working lately.

Reaction Score

Bingo. What do you have to lose at this point?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

Agree Sean. We're 0-5 and will not be going bowling again. From here on out, if we have the ball between the opposition 25-40 yard line, it becomes 4 down territory unless it's 4th and long. Can Tim Boyle pooch kick? I'd prefer to see that on a 4th and 7+ yards in that spot on the field then seeing a missed FG.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
They burned Puyol's RS game 12 in the fool chance we needed him for the Cincy game to go bowling. Game 12. Repeat game 12. Doofus Coach Dracula.
Season is lost now, do not need a kicker competition week 6.

On another note, we sit near where Chad and Cole's net is on sidelines.
Wagner was very engaging to fans yelping at him he was MVP for the game. He seemed to be having fun ineraciting.

Reaction Score
Christen has been unbelievably shaky. Temple game last year? One make we go bowling. Michigan game and Yesterday? He has been tough to watch. I'm sure he is trying really hard.
I said that after Michigan. He just isn't very good. Either get a new kicker or go on 4th down from outside the 20.

Reaction Score
They burned Puyol's RS game 12 in the fool chance we needed him for the Cincy game to go bowling. Game 12. Repeat game 12. Doofus Coach Dracula.
Season is lost now, do not need a kicker competition week 6.

On another note, we sit near where Chad and Cole's net is on sidelines.
Wagner was very engaging to fans yelping at him he was MVP for the game. He seemed to be having fun ineraciting.

That ..... and there was no one else to kick that day. You do remember CC got hurt BEFORE the last game, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom