Any objection to our 3 seniors starting Saturday? | The Boneyard

Any objection to our 3 seniors starting Saturday?

Reaction Score
Not saying it will happen, but I wouldn't have a problem in honoring them in this fashion. Carlton, Whaley and Polley can coexist even if briefly.

To me it would be a great gesture, since our seeding is sealed, and considering what all 3 have been through together.

COVID, injuries, fanless games and disruptions on and off the court to me warrants giving them the stage at opening tip. Come on Coach make it happen!

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I bet each kid would say Hurley should coach the game to win. A victory is more important at this juncture.

Reaction Score
If they are honored before the game I would like to see them start. And that will indicate who is coming back.

Reaction Score
they should all start. their parents are going to be in the building (at least, i assume) and deserve to see their kids play. if it's a close game, and you need to close with sanogo and martin and whoever else, so be it. but the kids deserve to play and the families deserve to watch their kids play.

plus, it's not like we are starting mike noyes or something. all three are solid players who can get buckets against this georgetown team.

Reaction Score
I thought that was our Tradition
Since these guys have all been starters at one time or another teamed with Bouk and Cole.
They’re capable of giving you a lead .
Especially if they all bring their A game
Yep ,that’s a pretty big lineup 6’11” 6’9”. 6’9” , 6’5” plus Cole Unless you Startb Gaffney at 6’3”. Now That’s NBA size.

Reaction Score
If anyone is going to be hyped up before tomorrow's game its going to be the seniors. May as well put them on the court from the tip and see if they can bring that early energy. It's not like they are scrubs anyways: Whaley is a starter, Polley a borderline starter/big minutes guy and Carlton started 31 games last year.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Easy question to answer, yes. We don't start well anyways.
exactly, they probably wouldn't start any worse than we have been for most of the season.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I know it's obviously much different, but we always did this in HS, playing and coaching, and if a kid that was a senior was pretty brutal, we got him out within a couple minutes.

Always good to let the seniors get that moment one last time. It should be standard practice, especially in a 20 minute half, 40 minute game.

The first few minutes shouldn't be THAT critical.

Reaction Score
Hurley will definitely make it happen... as he should, these guys deserve it!
These guys deserve to win the game, not start because of sentiment. Sorry, winning is the priority.

Reaction Score
We're awful in the first few minutes anyway. Ironically, the game at Georgetown is the recent exception.

But a lineup of Cole, Bouk, Polley, Whaley, and Carlton is still solid. 3 of 5 starters (including our 2 best players), and 2 of our top 4 bench options. Let's not act like we're trotting out a bunch of walk-ons.

Reaction Score
I hope he they start. They will not disappoint

Reaction Score
I just wish they could experience a sold-out Gampel on senior night. Three dudes who stuck with the program through some dark times and are helping us to see the light again. Thanks fellas!
Me too, like the way Vital and Gilbert go to last year.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Starting all seniors on senior night used to almost be a given through the mid-80's if not later.

Eventually the mantra "do what's best for the team" became the norm.

It's a great gesture if you can make it work; even if just to the first dead ball.

As Josh said, his favorite UConn memory is coming up when he gets to be on a Husky team in the NCAA's for the first time in his career.

Reaction Score
I never liked it in an important game, tomorrow is an important game. Honor them and I guess you can start them but the four of them on the court together is a really bad lineup and I don't want to get down big early. First sign of any troubles sub them out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom