Any info on Stanfords Haley Jones Knee injury? | The Boneyard

Any info on Stanfords Haley Jones Knee injury?

Reaction Score
Without her Stanford still edged Oregon State after being blown out by Oregon which is going to drive poll watchers and voters crazy tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Oregon will probably move to 4th and Stanford drop to 5th. I hope Haley is ok and it's just a sprain or something like that.
Where is Louisville?
I watched game. It looked bad but perhaps the heavily iced knee that allowed her to return to bench to watch game is a good sign. Here’s hoping for the best.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Where was Belbi?

She plays as a backup and does not seem ready to play a major role which is surprising to me although if Haley is out significant time, she will inevitably get more time.

Reaction Score
She plays as a backup and does not seem ready to play a major role which is surprising to me although if Haley is out significant time, she will inevitably get more time.

Stanford's roster is pretty deep, if HJ is out for a while they have the players to cover for her without a major fall off..............

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Reports suggest Belibi had a sprained ankle. But she participated in warmups and group huddles without a boot or assistance, so I suspect it was precautionary more than anything else.

Unfortunately, Jerome also never came back in after she exited with what seemed like a hard hit to her lower back, hip, or glute when she got tied up coming down for a rebound.

Stanford's roster is pretty deep, if HJ is out for a while they have the players to cover for her without a major fall off..............

It's no longer as deep with all these injuries... Between Carrington, Dodson, Jones, Belibi, and Jerome (plus third string guard Brewer), Stanford has a Top 10 starting lineup's worth of players sitting on the bench with injury in that fourth quarter. Makes our comeback all the more remarkable...

Crazy depth to think Tara can be out 4 McD's A-A's plus a Canadian U23 FIBA player and still beat a Top 10 team on the road. Talk about depth.

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Reports suggest Belibi had a sprained ankle. But she participated in warmups and group huddles without a boot or assistance, so I suspect it was precautionary more than anything else.

Unfortunately, Jerome also never came back in after she exited with what seemed like a hard hit to her lower back, hip, or glute when she got tied up coming down for a rebound. Between Carrington, Dodson, Jones, Belibi, and Jerome (plus third string guard Brewer), Stanford has a Top 10 starting lineup's worth of players sitting on the bench with injury in that fourth quarter. Makes our comeback all the more remarkable...

Crazy depth to think Tara can be out 4 McD's A-A's plus a Canadian U23 FIBA player and still beat a Top 10 team on the road. Talk about depth.
They had a very good recruiting class but still are not world beaters as some thought they would be this season. I say that so that UConn fans who think next season's class will elevate UConn to an elite team should be cautious about those expectations. It may take more time than they believe.

Reaction Score
Where is Louisville?
I watched game. It looked bad but perhaps the heavily iced knee that allowed her to return to bench to watch game is a good sign. Here’s hoping for the best.

I too am hoping for the best for her, but returning to the bench is not a sign of anything. Most players who tear ACL's return to the bench - or never even leave it.

TheFarmFan

Reaction Score
They had a very good recruiting class but still are not world beaters as some thought they would be this season. I say that so that UConn fans who think next season's class will elevate UConn to an elite team should be cautious about those expectations. It may take more time than they believe.
I was never one who thought we'd be world beaters, especially once Carrington and Dodson's injuries appeared to be long-term. The reality is we have one senior starter (Fingall, who's coming back from ACL injury and missed most of last season), one junior starter (Williams), one sophomore starter (Lexie Hull, who missed half of last season with a stress fracture), and a lot of promising freshman who can start and are at various stages of transitioning to the college game (Jones, Prechtel, Belibi, and Jump). On paper, that team should not be a world-beating team, and I'm not at all surprised it isn't.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Some commentators thought they would be, as well as some posters on this board. You know your team well.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Where is Louisville?
I think they'll move to 3rd.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Where is Louisville?
I forgot UCONN. I think it will be USC, Baylor, Louisville, Oregon, UCONN, Stanford.

TheFarmFan

Reaction Score
Has there been any news?
Here's the latest, as of yesterday afternoon, per Michelle Smith on Twitter:

Folks on the Stanford board are interpreting that as cautiously optimistic news that it may be something less serious than an MCL/ACL tear, as that would not generate optimism. Moreover, in the past, when it has been an MCL/ACL tear, they are usually pretty quick to say the player is done for the season and timetable for return is next season.

Until we know definitively, I'll hold my breath. Ugh. :(

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Here's the latest, as of yesterday afternoon, per Michelle Smith on Twitter:

Folks on the Stanford board are interpreting that as cautiously optimistic news that it may be something less serious than an MCL/ACL tear, as that would not generate optimism. Moreover, in the past, when it has been an MCL/ACL tear, they are usually pretty quick to say the player is done for the season and timetable for return is next season.

Until we know definitively, I'll hold my breath. Ugh. :(

That wording sure doesn't sound like a tear that requires surgical repair. More likely would be a knee sprain or bone bruise, but hopefully they give more precise information soon.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Kate Paye said the same thing at the chalk talk today.

Reaction Score
That wording sure doesn't sound like a tear that requires surgical repair. More likely would be a knee sprain or bone bruise, but hopefully they give more precise information soon.
Stanford has been taking this approach lately. Their best player on their volleyball team missed nearly two months of the season due for a lower leg issue, but the team or university never clarified what the injury was.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Stanford has been taking this approach lately. Their best player on their volleyball team missed nearly two months of the season due for a lower leg issue, but the team or university never clarified what the injury was.
I never even heard it identified as a lower leg issue. I thought it was totally unspecified, despite everyone's best attempt to speculate and dig.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom