Any glimpses of practice?? | The Boneyard

Any glimpses of practice??

Reaction Score
Dying down here in FL for any news on how the returning players, as well as the newcomers, look at the start of practice. All tidbits welcome.
I too would pay for video or stream of practice.

...it's not because of not seeing any "glimpses of practice" :D

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
How wonderful would it be for an aspiring broadcasting major to produce short videos of the team during these workouts. “90 seconds with UConn Women’s Basketball.“ The producer could shoot footage of the various players and then do a voice over.

Geno could also be given the last 30 seconds of voice over time to share his thoughts on the team individually and as a whole. The completed piece could then be posted here in the yard for our viewing pleasure. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ordinarily practice starts in mid-October but in our altered reality, with the season likely postponed till the 2021, there should be some sort of adjustments made. Of course in their wisdom the NCAA will likely say that practices can't start until after Christmas but I would like to see some flexibility, if only to maintain what little sanity I still have.

Reaction Score
Ordinarily practice starts in mid-October but in our altered reality, with the season likely postponed till the 2021, there should be some sort of adjustments made. Of course in their wisdom the NCAA will likely say that practices can't start until after Christmas but I would like to see some flexibility, if only to maintain what little sanity I still have.
Bingo is a great stress reliever if you think u r losing it...

Carnac

Reaction Score
@Carnac your described videos would seem great for us news starved fans, but I think they would be looked upon with disfavor by the players.

Any footage taken would only show the players doing common drills and only show them in a POSITIVE light. Nothing negative, and only positive voice over comments. This 90 second series would be produced in-house by broadcast journalism students that would not have any reason to produce or air anything negative about any player.

Also, Geno could require that before any videos of this nature are released to the public, they must be reviewed and approved by him or a member of his staff. I understand your concern, but measures (safeguards) could be put in place to insure player and program integrity.

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Where's Bill Belichick and his "hidden videographer" when we need them? I mean it is just a short drive from Foxboro... :rolleyes:
The videographer got fired via orders by the NFL.

Reaction Score
How wonderful would it be for an aspiring broadcasting major to produce short videos of the team during these workouts. “90 seconds with UConn Women’s Basketball.“ The producer could shoot footage of the various players and then do a voice over.

Geno could also be given the last 30 seconds of voice over time to share his thoughts on the team individually and as a whole. The completed piece could then be posted here in the yard for our viewing pleasure. :)
That would be great, but I'm sure other teams would appreciate it even more! Also I'm sure Geno would just Love to do another interview

Reaction Score
That would be great, but I'm sure other teams would appreciate it even more! Also I'm sure Geno would just Love to do another interview

And maybe UConn doesn't want to waste the opportunity to promote their most marketable entity. Especially with the Bueckers buzz going on. UConn practices are mythic and Geno freely allows other coaches to observe it and boosters get invitations. It isn't that much of a stretch to let the rest of the country take a look.

Personally I'd like to watch scrimmages. Much more entertaining than a lot of their games.

Carnac

Reaction Score

No interviews, just a 30 second voice over (comments).

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
No interviews, just a 30 second voice over...

Kind of like a movie trailer?

1597069577572.png

"In a world where a team, full of potential, has done nothing yet. A world in which future All Americans are the worst basketball players in America. One man struggles for perfection..."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom