Any Effect Of Branch Move From West Hartford to Hartford? | The Boneyard

Any Effect Of Branch Move From West Hartford to Hartford?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Since we are talking retail space, season's tickets etc. I figured that I would throw this out.

The West Hartford Branch of UCONN will be closing and moving to Hartford. I think that they are still trying to figure out which buildings to use. There was an article say 4 - 6 months back.

I think that this is going to bring tons of folks into Hartford. Could this be a new base for
the XL and the Rent. Can we tap this market? Curious about the enrollment of the West Hartford Branch.

Just a thought.

Reaction Score
Since it's a commuter school, I don't see how this affects anything. The approximately 1,600 students will still live in pretty much the same places A few more might move downtown. But the biggest effect will be in the daytime.

Reaction Score
UConn should just move the branch to that gorgeous community college campus in East Hartford just off of Route 2. Easy access, & it's only a few blocks from the RENT.

Reaction Score
Since it's a commuter school, I don't see how this affects anything. The approximately 1,600 students will still live in pretty much the same places A few more might move downtown. But the biggest effect will be in the daytime.
It will certainly jack up the parking fees for the students. Remains to be seen whether mass transit will work for them.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It will certainly jack up the parking fees for the students. Remains to be seen whether mass transit will work for them.

Capital Community College has a deal with the Morgan Street Garage. Gotta think they would do the same for UConn.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Why wouldn't it? Any Park & Ride lot in the area will take you to within a block or two the eventual location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom