OT: Antonio Brown to the Raiders | The Boneyard

OT: Antonio Brown to the Raiders

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Wish Oakland or some other team would take the damned rapist QB too.

Worst part of living here - it's spring training, start of NCAA tourney season, getting near Stanley Cup playoffs and all the morons who live here can talk about is Stillers BS.

Reaction Score
Ha. Antonio to the raiders? Ya that’s gonna last-ok! Lol. I’ll give it till the end of September till problems begin. Lemme get this straight Antonio - so u leave the Steelers for the raiders??? Yeah that makes sense. Comical.

Reaction Score
Heck yeah!!! Being a Raider fan, trade Cooper for a first rounder and get Brown for a 3rd and 5th rounder. I'll do that every time!!! Just win baby!!!

Reaction Score
Al Davis would have approved. The Raiders get him for nothing, a 3rd and a 5th? They have to pay him a lot of cash, but the guy catches everything thrown in his area and he's quick. I wonder if they have room for Levon Bell too?

Reaction Score
Al Davis would have approved. The Raiders get him for nothing, a 3rd and a 5th? They have to pay him a lot of cash, but the guy catches everything thrown in his area and he's quick. I wonder if they have room for Levon Bell too?
In essence, they traded Cooper, 3rd and 5th rd picks for Antonio Brown and a first rd pick. Sure they are paying him, but he's worth it for his on field production. Raiders have plenty of cap space to work with too after Gruden thinned out the roster last season.

Reaction Score
Of course if your a Raiders fan you like that- just surprised antonio would want to go there- this is probably carrs last shot this year anyways. He had that one really good year and that was it

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Of course if your a Raiders fan you like that- just surprised antonio would want to go there- this is probably carrs last shot this year anyways. He had that one really good year and that was it

Like Bryce Harper, all AB cared about was the biggest contract. In Harper's case is was largest overall commitment in MLB, in ABs case it was simply getting more than Odell. Didn't matter who was paying it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
In essence, they traded Cooper, 3rd and 5th rd picks for Antonio Brown and a first rd pick. Sure they are paying him, but he's worth it for his on field production. Raiders have plenty of cap space to work with too after Gruden thinned out the roster last season.

You can't just blow it off, "sure they are paying him". He's getting paid QB money. That's a LOT of money to burn on one skill guy. But as you say, they've got a buttload of cap space, so they can handle it.

The Steelers obviously got worked in the deal. They would have on any deal though, given the dead money and lack of leverage.

His on the field production will obviously drop in Oakland without Big Ben. But no doubt the Offense is significantly upgraded.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom