Anti-UConn Blogger | The Boneyard

Anti-UConn Blogger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nothing humorous there. Typical hater/azzole that we've all come to ignore. I haven't read any of his new (or old stuff) but I'm curious if he has a piece on UNC or Cuse. Actually I'm not curious.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
JackO is not a writer by profession. He is a lawyer of some sort in Hartford and a college buddy of Bill Simmons (every time he is on the Podcast, he answers the phone with, "Conflicts litigation, this is John.) If you listen to Simmons' podcast, you'd already be aware of this shtick. I find JackO to generally be pretty well informed and if you think he is the only CT native who feels this way, you are sorely mistaken.

But it's a free country. Go ahead and pile on if it makes you feel better.

Reaction Score
Connecticut had an NFL team in 1925. This writer completely sucks.

Reaction Score
UConn has made a good living from making pundits (and critics) look stupid.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
He's a CT native that hates UCONN athletics. Been railing on them for years before Simmons ever made it to Espn.

Reaction Score
Just knowing "JACKO" was cringing as Boat came away with the ball vs UK last year is all I need. Guy's , there's plenty of them around it's just that most don't get to express it in the media. Keep hating and you'll keep getting assists!

Reaction Score
I know were supposed to defend UCONN to the end no matter what. But his points I Kinda understand. Hard to defend the "NOT A DIME BACK!" comment. The academics were kinda embarrassing at times. The shadiness i dont really buy tho. But his bandwagon comment sounded like jealously, he went to a horrible sports school Holy Cross he has nothing to brag about. Hes mad that a state with no pro sports team, is proud of and gets behind its successful state university basketball team ? what does he expect lol

Husky25

Reaction Score
I know were supposed to defend UCONN to the end no matter what...

No you don't. Being a fan is wanting your team, school, etc. in the best possible position. Being constructively critical is part of that.

Reaction Score
But his points I Kinda understand. Hard to defend the "NOT A DIME BACK!" comment.

No it isn't. The man built a program that brings millions of dollars to the University and therefore the State of Connecticut. A program that is actually self-supporting. He gets asked an off topic, out of context question by a guy who has by chirping and buzzing about government spending (which is cool with me, but he often has no understanding of what he is talking about) for years in the middle of a press conference. He answers the initial questions...but the "reporter" persists. So eventually, he says "not a dime back".

If someone was questioning your work and basically accused you of taking money you hadn't earned....would you response be much different? What is the proper response? The comment needs no defense.

Husky25

Reaction Score
@MilliniumPrince
If someone was questioning your work and basically accused you of taking money you hadn't earned....would you response be much different? What is the proper response? The comment needs no defense.

The quote is often taken out of context. Might be up there with, "You didn't build that," as the most misrepresented and misinterpreted quote of the 21st century.

Reaction Score
Don't these so called writers, columnists research anything? So many falsehoods. Get some facts and write a better column .jerko.

Reaction Score
@MilliniumPrince

The quote is often taken out of context. Might be up there with, "You didn't build that," as the most misrepresented and misinterpreted quote of the 21st century.
Agreed. I believe most who comment on it only saw/heard the sound bite and didn't see/hear the 4 minutes that proceeded it.

Reaction Score
When do we let things go?

Not everyone in the world is enamored with UConn. Hell my wife won't even watch a game, or knows who Kevin Ollie is. She would rather me clean the yard instead of shutting down for 2 hours to watch a game.

I've broken so many commitments on game day, that she would write a similar article, if asked to.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

Not everyone in the world is enamored with UConn. Hell my wife won't even watch a game, or knows who Kevin Ollie is. She would rather me clean the yard instead of shutting down for 2 hours to watch a game.

I've broken so many commitments on game day, that she would write a similar article, if asked to.
We're married to the same woman.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Trained mine early. I guess I'm lucky. Haven't figured out a way to get her accustomed to my screaming at the TV. She just leaves the room and checks in when things quiet down.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I know were supposed to defend UCONN to the end no matter what. But his points I Kinda understand. Hard to defend the "NOT A DIME BACK!" comment. The academics were kinda embarrassing at times. The shadiness i dont really buy tho. But his bandwagon comment sounded like jealously, he went to a horrible sports school Holy Cross he has nothing to brag about. Hes mad that a state with no pro sports team, is proud of and gets behind its successful state university basketball team ? what does he expect lol

"Not a dime back" was one of Calhoun's finest moments imo. One of the reasons I like him so much. Laughed for days. The guy who asked the question was a dingle and picked the wrong format and approach to broach the subject. THe fact that it inflamed all the JC haters gave me pleasure as well.

Reaction Score
Plus, I never remember people not caring about UConn. I went to games in the Perno years and always saw a lot of fans there. In fact, even in the dregs of those years, the local news in Ct. used to do embarrassing things like cover Earl Kelley's LOI signing live on the 5 pm news.

Reaction Score
I still remember a writer from the Newark Star Ledger, Steve Politi I think, gloating that Calhoun went out with a "whimper" after losing to Michigan State in 2009.

I didn't bother to check back with him 2 years later to see what he had to say. But it shows you what clueless balloon knots some of these sports columnists are. Bunch of kids who never grew up and got a real job.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score

We're married to the same woman.

Damn.....I know a good divorce lawyer ;)

No Husky faithful should have to put up with that nonsense.... Deepest condolences Kitaman & Cohenzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom