Anthony Poindexter | The Boneyard

Anthony Poindexter

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I like how this defense is playing.

Go get some more players and this could be special.

And Palatine is still a bouchedag.

Reaction Score
When you consider the offensive struggles and the time they spend on the field I give huge props to this unit. The defensive line is stacked and we aren't missing a beat in the secondary without our best corner against one of the more potent passing attacks!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Nothing taken away from the Defense. These games aren't played in a vacuum, but The weather screwed up USF's passing game. That had about a dozen drops and the Holman couldn't get a good grip on the ball.

Reaction Score
Good seem them dial the pressure up against UCF. 4 sacks if I remember correctly. I feel like that was the most they have had in a game all season. This team surely plays hard and they didn't quit even with their backs up against the wall and UCF driving for a potential game tying score. Congrats on the big win gentlemen. Proud of all of you! Keep the momentum going.

Despite the lousy conditions, Dez was impressed with the crowd turnout. Thanks to a BY'er I was able to tune in at work.

Reaction Score
Husky25 said:
Nothing taken away from the Defense. These games aren't played in a vacuum, but The weather screwed up USF's passing game. That had about a dozen drops and the Holman couldn't get a good grip on the ball.

Was it raining in Tampa again? What the hell is up with the weather down there. Didn't seem to have an effect on Houston. Also didn't stop USFs kicker from getting three points towards the Bulls cause.

Reaction Score

Remember the crap weather in Tampa vs. USF earlier this year? It happens (weather) and it's part of the game.

Reaction Score
My wife and I met Anthony Poindexter and Vincent Brown, in of all places a Dunkin' Donuts, earlier in the day. I asked him about losing Byron Jones and while the injury was certainly unfortunate and a blow to the team, he was confident that Byron would be healed and ready to compete for a spot at the next level. They were both cool and engaging and if you were a head coach looking for a DC who has the total package, I can see why Diaco chose Poindexter for the job.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Tackles are playing well. Need the LB's to be more active/aggressive. Secondary is holding it's own, though I wish they'd read the WR eyes and turn around occasionally.

Reaction Score
Tackles are playing well. Need the LB's to be more active/aggressive. Secondary is holding it's own, though I wish they'd read the WR eyes and turn around occasionally.
Agree with secondary turning around occasionally. A receiver breaking his arm stride and reaching for the sky is usually an indication of in coming.
As for the linebackers I think and hope HCBD will do more blitzing as his one step at a time program progresses. It is obvious unless he calls for it they are to remain in their area of coverage and contain thus keeping the score down for now. An improving offense and a few wins may get him to roll the dice a little more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom