Anthony Kabala | The Boneyard

Anthony Kabala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looks like he came over for his freshman season to some school in Florida and went back to France until 2018.

Reaction Score
Unless it’s an irresistible player like Precious I don’t think a 6’8 forward is what we should be looking for. We need another ball handler and another big for next season
We're not going to get another guard to come in unless we lose one of CV/AG. We have:

1. Gilbert
2. Vital
3. Bouknight
4. Gaffney
5. B. Adams

Even if you totally disregard Adams, who is coming in to compete to be the 4th or 5th guard? We got Adams to come in to be the 5th guard this year and everyone is killing him. That's the quality you get for that space though.

I agree we should be looking at a big, but we all know we don't have only one scholarship left, so why not look for another 6'8" flexible player?

Reaction Score
Hurley & staff =\= KO & staff

Gotta give them the benefit of the doubt here.

And the good thing is that we aren't trying to build our class around guys like this. We're just adding to an already top 20 class.

TBH I'm really intrigued to see what this staff can do with these types of unknown/late bloomer recruits.

Reaction Score
And there is a logical reason he was under the radar...foreign player. I like the the clear elevation on dunks mixed with a smooth stroke from 3 and his good height. This looks like a Jeremy Lamb or Neil’s Giffey type to me. I’ll take him. We just need athletic shooters so bad it is inexplicable.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The only primary ball handler returning is AG, who has obvious health issues. I agree with the poster we’re pretty darn strong 2-4, a ball handler and a center are our biggest needs.
Agreed. This is the third year in a row injuries have struck and we have a shortage of ball handlers. If B. Adams can be a reliable handler then we’re fine, but I don’t see it now. Even if it’s Jaylin Hunter coming in as a walk on for PG depth we need another handler

Reaction Score

And the good thing is that we aren't trying to build our class around guys like this. We're just adding to an already top 20 class.

TBH I'm really intrigued to see what this staff can do with these types of unknown/late bloomer recruits.
If he was still playing in France, there would be no or at least fewer negative comments. It sounds like this is only his first or second year actually playing in the US besides his freshman year.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
We're not going to get another guard to come in unless we lose one of CV/AG. We have:

1. Gilbert
2. Vital
3. Bouknight
4. Gaffney
5. B. Adams

Even if you totally disregard Adams, who is coming in to compete to be the 4th or 5th guard? We got Adams to come in to be the 5th guard this year and everyone is killing him. That's the quality you get for that space though.

I agree we should be looking at a big, but we all know we don't have only one scholarship left, so why not look for another 6'8" flexible player?

I think with Gilbert’s uncertainty we need another guard.

Reaction Score
Ummm, I’ll take a 6’8” kid drilling full speed, pull up 3’s like it ain’t no thing all day long. Have you seen our team?

Currently we don’t have anyone who can hit that pull-up 3. However, I’m not sure you can judge him against the level of comp in that video. That said, I’d take him.

Reaction Score

So you guys are good for a front court rotation next year of Carlton, Polley and Akok? I would say our front court need is critical.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Looks like an ideal wing for us. I’d say he’s Precious-Light. Similar in some ways.

Reaction Score
Massachusetts (RCA)

Video about the school. Established in Troy, NY and then opened a second campus in Massachusetts. The narrator, the founder's daughter, mentions UConn in the video but it's a generic mention, not about Kabala.

Reaction Score
Boys, can’t say I didn’t do my part.

Translation: “Mr. Kabala, UConn is for you! I was born in Paris myself, and UConn was by far and most the best 4 years of my life. The Uconn family wants you. And please excuse my spelling errors."

Also to note, my grading shtick comes from the popular french magazine "L'equipe" which scores soccer players based on their performances that game on a 10 scale. Along with a retweet, Mr. Kabala favorited a few of my other tweets so I'm sure he took notice of the grades making him feel right at home. So in conclusion of course, Le barrage est sur le point de rompre à nouveau. Translation: The Dam is about to break again.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Boys, can’t say I didn’t do my part.

Translation: “Mr. Kabala, UConn is for you! I was born in Paris myself, and UConn was by far and most the best 4 years of my life. The Uconn family wants you. And please excuse my spelling errors."

Also to note, my grading shtick comes from the popular french magazine "L'equipe" which scores soccer players based on their performances that game on a 10 scale. Along with a retweet, Mr. Kabala favorited a few of my other tweets so I'm sure he took notice of the grades making him feel right at home. So in conclusion of course, Le barrage est sur le point de rompre à nouveau. Translation: The Dam is about to break again.

This is peek internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA