another triple double for Ionescu | The Boneyard

another triple double for Ionescu

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
She's been slacking, it's been several weeks at least. Now 5 this year and 9 for her career.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Although another poor shooting game, and 7 TO's. Ducks up 78-63 over Utah w/ 2 minutes left. After such a strong game against OSU on Friday, Huff and Potter have only scored 8 points combined for the Utes.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Finished w/ 19 pts (6-16 FG) 10 reb 13 assists. Oregon wins 84-68.

Reaction Score
I guess you start turning the ball over when you have to triple double and carry a team for 40 minutes....

Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 5.25.14 PM.png

Reaction Score
Really sorry: didn't see this thread before I posted mine. Mea culpa!

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
That's quite a line; she can't continue to play so many minutes and have anything left in the tank for the postseason.

Reaction Score
In my mind Sabrina is the best guard I have seen this year. She accounts for so much of the offense with her ability to score from literally anywhere, and, her ability to distribute the ball. The thing about her assists, is that her assists are nearly perfect: passes are delivered where the receiver can get a clean shot off, and, often they are layups, or, wide open 3's. Her basketball IQ is also off the charts. If she doesn't make at least 2nd team All American, then the fix is in ;)

Reaction Score
In my mind Sabrina is the best player I have seen this year.
fixed it for you.
She won't win NPOY, because A'ja is a lock for her great 4 years. She may not next year, if one of UConn's great juniors takes it. But just write her name down in ink for her senior year.

Reaction Score
The do need to cut down on her min. Another thing is that opposing teams can gear in on her defensively and destroy their offense. They have a lot of other good players so it is not necessary for everything to be centered around her. The point from Spain is very good and they can also put the ball in the hands of Sabally as well. I think by the time they get to the NCAA this team will be really well balanced. They are just loaded with multiple offensive options.

I don't know if it is even possible to wear down Sabrina. She is a freak of nature. She has a motor that just won't quit. It's not because she will be worn down that they need to put more focus on other players but because it is easier to game plan against a team centered around her.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The point from Spain is very good

I've seen a few games this year where Cazorla did pretty much wreck the other team. You have to pick your poison with the Ducks.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I think she's pretty much got Pac 12 POY nailed down already, and I would be fairly shocked if she's not a 1st Team All American.

Reaction Score
fixed it for you.
She won't win NPOY, because A'ja is a lock for her great 4 years. She may not next year, if one of UConn's great juniors takes it. But just write her name down in ink for her senior year.
A'ja isn't a lock for 2018. She's an All American, but lets see how she performs come tournament time. She got mugged yesterday in the Missouri game. A'ja needed to find the open teammate instead of going up for a shot with 4 defenders hanging on her each time they got the ball to her on the block. And you are correct, one of the many UCONN studs could just as easily take the POY. My comment about Sabrina wasn't for POY, but All American honors.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom