Another overlooked stat. 9049/10,167 | The Boneyard

Another overlooked stat. 9049/10,167

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lots of empty seats in Gampel last night.

Yeah, most of them were up high behind the baskets.

If you could have been there and weren't there, too bad for you.

Reaction Score
What amazed me was the number of season ticketholder seats that were empty! I mean, I understand a few because life happens, but this was a big game and if you bothered to get season tickets, I cant imagine not coming!

Reaction Score
I cant imagine not coming!

Maybe... I had hoped to go, but had an unmovable conflict, that at the very last second was suddenly movable. So, why didn't I go? Because the game wouldn't be over until at least 9:30 and I would have a long drive, and it was a Thursday: the worst of all worlds, in that I'm tired by Thursday but there is still Friday to face. So, why not stay home and access the game via various media?

I just point this out, because there is a greying fan base much of which probably thinks similarly. It's not virtuous, but it is a reality.

Reaction Score
I cant imagine not coming!

Maybe... I had hoped to go, but had an unmovable conflict, that at the very last second was suddenly movable. So, why didn't I go? Because the game wouldn't be over until at least 9:30 and I would have a long drive, and it was a Thursday: the worst of all worlds, in that I'm tired by Thursday but there is still Friday to face. So, why not stay home and access the game via various media?

I just point this out, because there is a greying fan base much of which probably thinks similarly. It's not virtuous, but it is a reality.
\
This gray--no longer graying old fart made it to XL Center and Gampel in snow, rain, slush---until I decided to warm my buns and save the tax money in the southern states.
My issue with Gampel, was ; the seats i got were tough to sit on--but with empty seats--i would have found a comfortable one. I keep saying uconn should resell empty seats at the 20 minutes into the game mark.
Seems many people bought into the PUNDITS who predicted not only one loss but many for this team--Never say Never...

Reaction Score
Yeah, bags, I get that life happens. I was just surprised at the NUMBER of empty season ticket seats at this game with the #2 team. But, hey, I wimped out and got the five game package because I knew there were some games I wouldn't get to!

Reaction Score
\
This gray--no longer graying old fart made it to XL Center and Gampel in snow, rain, slush---until I decided to warm my buns and save the tax money in the southern states.
My issue with Gampel, was ; the seats i got were tough to sit on--but with empty seats--i would have found a comfortable one. I keep saying uconn should resell empty seats at the 20 minutes into the game mark.
Seems many people bought into the PUNDITS who predicted not only one loss but many for this team--Never say Never...
So, I had tickets to the South Carolina game two years ago, but that Monday there was yet another snow storm, so I couldn't go. So, that morning I emailed my tickets back to the athletic dept, saying just give them away. I don't know what they did, because I never heard back from them.

Reaction Score
So, I had tickets to the South Carolina game two years ago, but that Monday there was yet another snow storm, so I couldn't go. So, that morning I emailed my tickets back to the athletic dept, saying just give them away. I don't know what they did, because I never heard back from them.
Smart move---I don't think I would have thought giving them back. Big snow storms in Ct is one reason I left the land of my birth and youth. Only thing I miss is going to the UConn WBB games.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score

Ditto in all respects. Looked like a packed house, so I've assumed my ticket went to use. As it was, I got to enjoy it from the comfort of my big-screen TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom