another option? | The Boneyard

another option?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm probably more devastated than any of you. You wouldn't believe how long I dreamed of 1-a FB in a real conference.

Right now, I do not have a fuzzy feeling.

Now we are talking about a possible rebuilt BE FB conference.......with possible new players from mid major conferences. PP says this won't affect recruiting......and he said it with a straight face.

The new BE will not be a BCS conference.......and I don't blame other conferences wanting to exclude them from the Big Boy party. The possible new additions makes the a new FB -BE a glorified MAC or C-USA conference. I wouldn't hold may breath thinking TV revenue will come pouring in.

I think UC FB has to build a new resume that makes it attractive (in the future) to some super conference without the concept that it will water it down in terms of quality.

Is independence the way to go?

Forget the Fordams, Buffaloes, RI's, Texas Southerns, etc. Shop ourselves out to some of the super conferences as out of conference opponents to the better teams. Build a resume against the LSU's, Alabamas, Nebraskas, Penn States, etc ,,,,,,,even if it means the games will be played away. Bring in the revenues, bring in the better recruits. The home games may be a rotation of former BE members, etc.

Then next time, if it doesn't happen now, IF a super conference needs a future addition, the UConn FB resume certainly will provide a better appetizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34
Top Bottom