Another Marquette Article on UCONN - Not funny | The Boneyard

Another Marquette Article on UCONN - Not funny

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Didn't continue after the first "loss". Don't get it at all.

Reaction Score
Ben Snider, the author of this article, must be an absolute moron!!!!!!! He begins an article titled Most Hilarious Uconn Losses describing a game we WON!!!!! And the first round game of the 2014 National Championship NCAA tourney. Which was a 7/10 game and a GREAT Uconn win. Ben, go back to school and take journalism 101 kiddo. Geez, give me a break.

Reaction Score
Okay this article is stupid.

But can we get someone to start doing this for the other Big East teams? I would love it.

Reaction Score
What is the point of this article? I would expect this from that gritty and plucky program from the snow belt, but Marquette? They haven't advanced past the sweet 16 since 1976 and have only done so 3 times. That's not even a helms trophy.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
What is the point of this article? I would expect this from that gritty and plucky program from the snow belt, but Marquette? They haven't advanced past the sweet 16 since 1976 and have only done so 3 times. That's not even a helms trophy.

Uhh...Marquette went to the Final Four with DWade in 2003...

Reaction Score
Re the first round game in 2014 against St Joe's: "No one can look me in the eye and say that this title actually meant something while seeing this Hawks team that they barely scraped into the dance."

what???

but TBH the poor writing is the only annoying thing about the article. I actually enjoy chuckling about the aac like it was a bad dream. i'm just so thankful/relieved that i never have to watch another one of those conference games EVER again.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah, we get it. Kick us while we're down. The Huskies haven't been that good the last few years. I'm guessing Ben Snider is a student at Marquette and struggling for content to write about. He'll just have to eat these words in a few years.

I think a UConn fan should do one of these on Marquette during their darkest days. It would be much more hilarious than Snider's article. And without most of the highs and 4 championships in the last 21 years to reflect on.

Reaction Score
Re the first round game in 2014 against St Joe's: "No one can look me in the eye and say that this title actually meant something while seeing this Hawks team that they barely scraped into the dance."

what??
His article is dumb but yeah that may be the dumbest part of the article. I laughed when I read that.

There is so much sports content on the internet that some of it ends up being crap. This happens to be one of those.

Reaction Score
What a special kind of Moron Ben Snider is. Can't wait until we get to play Marquette.

Reaction Score
This was not even remotely funny How many Uconn fans have a Xanax dealer.? I get it he wants to poke fun at UConn but how about at least including a couple amusing lines.
He seems to imply that Uconn will not win games in the new big East, I will take that bet!

Reaction Score
I saw this article on r/cbb yesterday and almost shared it here before deciding not to give the author additional clicks. After all, a lion does not concern itself with the opinions of sheep, or programs that haven’t won anything since the 70s.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
When UConn beats Marquette this upcoming season, the noise you will have heard is this guy flushing himself down the toilet

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Last time Marquette was relevant it was from people saying “how the hell did a player like D Wade go to a random ass school like Marquette?”

Reaction Score
Note the article tag line of since they won a championship with Ollie. Oh... I see... that was our last of four. If they allow comments on that article, after we whip thier $ in the BE, I am heading straight there. This means war to me.

Reaction Score
Man, the UConn fear is palpable. Objectively, MU is a strong, national program with a terrific coach, and our battles will be heavyweight level. I just don't understand the viciousness; we make the conference better. In this case, a rising tide rises all boats.

Reaction Score
One of the dumbest things I have read in some time. Maybe the author bumped his/her head before writing it and if not, someone should hit them in the head after that abomination.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom