Another Ionescu Triple Double | The Boneyard

Another Ionescu Triple Double

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
A quick update from the Northwest:

Oregon hammered a solid and well-coached Drake team by a score of 110-77 this afternoon. (Drake is the preseason favorite to win the Missouri Valley Conference title.) Ionescu's box score reads 29 points (on 10-15 shooting), 10 rebounds, and 11 assists. I believe that this is the 5th triple double of her (short) career and is just one short of the Pac-12 record. Oregon's freshman star in waiting--Satou Sabally from Germany--added 20 points in only 19 minutes on the court, and 3 other players scored in double figures, including Ruthie Hebard, who had a double-double. Thus far, the team looks far better than it did even during the NCAA run last year. A game at A&M on Thursday should test their ability to deal with a very physical SEC team.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Triple double machine. That is impressive.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Cazorla also had 11 assists for the Ducks. How many times does a team have two players in double figures for assists? I'd guess almost never. 31 assists for the team.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It looks like The Oregon Ducks are the new Sheriff in town in the Pac-12. I think it's a fair statement to say that as of the moment, Stanford has abdicated the throne.UCLA and Oregon will battle for supremacy for the top spot there. The Ducks are going to be a tough out for whoever they play this year. 110 points in regulation is not easy. No missed layups or free-throws in that game.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Ionescu is the real deal. Very talented and exciting player to watch.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Oregon hammered a solid and well-coached Drake team by a score of 110-77 this afternoon. (Drake is the preseason favorite to win the Missouri Valley Conference title.) Ionescu's box score reads 29 points (on 10-15 shooting), 10 rebounds, and 11 assists. I believe that this is the 5th triple double of her (short) career and is just one short of the Pac-12 record. Oregon's freshman star in waiting--Satou Sabally from Germany--added 20 points in only 19 minutes on the court, and 3 other players scored in double figures, including Ruthie Hebard, who had a double-double. Thus far, the team looks far better than it did even during the NCAA run last year. A game at A&M on Thursday should test their ability to deal with a very physical SEC team.
Kara Lawson mentioned Sabally during the UConn game today. She said Satou is really good and has All-American potential.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Oregon has NCAA Championship caliber players lead by Ionescu. I expect them in the FF if not this year then possibly the next 2.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It looks like The Oregon Ducks are the new Sheriff in town in the Pac-12. I think it's a fair statement to say that as of the moment, Stanford has abdicated the throne.

Well...Oregon St. has won 3 straight regular season titles (shared w/ Arizona St. one year). I'd say the throne was abdicated by Stanford several years ago, and it wasn't to Oregon (or UCLA, who hasn't won the conference since...I don't even know when). The Ducks look good out of the gate but they still have to prove it during conference play. They went 8-10 last year.

Reaction Score
I tend to judge teams by how many points they give up. If Drake scored 77 against Oregon how many would UConn score? Most likely in the 90's. I can also guarantee that Oregon would struggle to reach 80 against UConn. If Oregon wants any chance to compete against the really good teams they better really work on improve their defense. If you want to beat the Huskies you will need to hold them to scoring in the mid 60's to low 70's because UConn's defense isn't allowing much more than that.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If you want to beat the Huskies you will need to hold them to scoring in the mid 60's to low 70's because UConn's defense isn't allowing much more than that.

I'm not sure anyone's saying they would beat the Huskies, just that they've got legit talent. Their offensive firepower will give them a chance to win a ton of games.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I was really hoping Ionescu would end up in Blue. She is one tough kid!!

Reaction Score
Oregon's defense should improve once they get the right combination of players on the court. I can see potential changes that would help them defensively. For one their starting center looks slow and woefully out of shape.

I liked Sabally the first time I saw her in the Jordan game. She didn't score much because in those games the guards tend to hog the ball. She still impressed me in that she did other things to help her team, especially her decision making and defense. She can score from anywhere on the floor though. Oregon has plenty of depth they just need to incorporate their new players and get their rotation down.

Reaction Score

Ionescu---is a real talent that was obvious last April when they played uCONN. The most impressive part of that game was when she, in the final line, hugged Geno with passion. Nice kid.

Reaction Score

Oregon is going to make some real “noise” this year. Ionescu is among the very best in WCBB and with talented supporting players...watch out!

Reaction Score
Just watched the post game interview with Ionescu and Satou Sabally. Have to say that Ionescu is a very polished, very well-spoken young lady and Sabally has just a ton of charisma. Worth watching if you have a couple of minutes.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just watched the post game interview with Ionescu and Satou Sabally. Have to say that Ionescu is a very polished, very well-spoken young lady and Sabally has just a ton of charisma. Worth watching if you have a couple of minutes.

Ionescu is more poised and intelligent than 99% of the coaches I have seen (a mixture of Sue Bird and Diana Taurasi) and she also seems to have bulked up alot. Sabally is a real charmer. Wish I could see their games.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ionescu is the real deal. Very talented and exciting player to watch.
Always wished she'd have been interested in the East Coast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom