Another female NBA Assistant Coach | The Boneyard

Another female NBA Assistant Coach

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kristi Toliver hired by the Wizards.

Mystics' Kristi Toliver joins Wizards as assistant, team’s first-ever female coach

Congrats to KT!

"Among the first of her peers Toliver revealed she spoke with after learning she would be joining the Wizards staff was Sue Bird. The Seattle Storm point guard and four-time Olympic gold medalist for the United States directed a three-game sweep of the Mystics in this year’s WNBA Finals."

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Kristi Toliver hired by the Wizards.

Mystics' Kristi Toliver joins Wizards as assistant, team’s first-ever female coach

Congrats to KT!

"Among the first of her peers Toliver revealed she spoke with after learning she would be joining the Wizards staff was Sue Bird. The Seattle Storm point guard and four-time Olympic gold medalist for the United States directed a three-game sweep of the Mystics in this year’s WNBA Finals."

Maybe in a few more years, the hiring of a female assistant coach in the NBA won't be newsworthy. Toliver's hiring opens the door w-i-d-e-r for more females to be seriously considered for assistant coaching positions in the league.
Congratulations Kristy Toliver. Represent!!! :cool:

Reaction Score
Why would anyone want to be an NBA assistant coach? The players barely listen to the head coach, I doubt they will listen at all to the 8th coach on the staff.

Reaction Score
Why would anyone want to be an NBA assistant coach? The players barely listen to the head coach, I doubt they will listen at all to the 8th coach on the staff.

Wow! Why don't you share how you really feel about the NBA? And about Ms Tolliver's incredible door widening opportunity.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Happy for her. She is smart, communicative, and sincere. She was one of my favorite WNBA players. I’ll miss her outstanding play.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
You get to work with the best ballers in the world, learn a lot, and make 6 figures. Geno said he would take that gig.

Reaction Score
You get to work with the best ballers in the world, learn a lot, and make 6 figures. Geno said he would take that gig.

The NBA is not what it was 20 -25 years ago. The stars are pampered and run the team. The offenses are very simple and defense is a joke... defensive 3 seconds? traveling is never enforced, star treatment, touch fouls, etc.

Learn from who? And what? How to entertain?

As a purist, it is very difficult to watch.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
The NBA is not what it was 20 -25 years ago. The stars are pampered and run the team. The offenses are very simple and defense is a joke... defensive 3 seconds? traveling is never enforced, star treatment, touch fouls, etc.

Learn from who? And what? How to entertain?

As a purist, it is very difficult to watch.

As a purist the NBA is played a heck of a lot higher level than any other league in the world. Athleticism is off the charts, skill level is the best it has ever been and everyone in the league is immensely talented. Regular season can be a bit long but the playoffs are simply fantastic to watch.

Putting an NBA assistant coaching job on your resume means you’re coaching the best of the best. It’s a far better resume booster than being a high school or college coach, and it’s more universally respected than coaching in the W. Unfortunately we live in a day and age where it’s much tougher for women to find opportunities coaching men than the opposite, and Toliver has a great opportunity to break that barrie, make good money, learn a lot and build a strong coaching career. Huge congrats to her, I’m excited to see where her career goes.

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom