Another Fairfield Country Stumble | The Boneyard

Another Fairfield Country Stumble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
www.ctpost.com/uconn/article/Chris-Elsberry-UConn-alumni-miss-Monday-s-party-4889365.php

Article outlines uconn failure to invite people: alumni, important donors and etc to the Bridgeport game announcement. Way to tap the alumni base down there. We have 30000 alumni down there on the Gold Coast and the alumni association had no idea this was happening. Someone please smarten up in storrs.

Edit: Fairfield county not country. Stupid iPhone.

Reaction Score
Really? You want them to invite the alumni to an announcement of a game against E. Washington in Bridgeport?

Why would a Fairfield alum take time out of their day to go to an announcement?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Really? You want them to invite the alumni to an announcement of a game against E. Washington in Bridgeport?

Why would a Fairfield alum take time out of their day to go to an announcement?
That's exactly what I was thinking. I guess an invite would have been thoughtful but I can't imagine anyone would show up for a press conference

Reaction Score
Maybe inviting them to a presser is not required, but point well taken. However, this story should provide inspiration to do an Alumni pre-game event, both for fundraising and strengthening ties.

Reaction Score
Oh zippity-doo we have a billboard on the shore. Can we put that to bed now and forever?

Reaction Score
Oh zippity-doo we have a billboard on the shore. Can we put that to bed now and forever?
A fairfield county Alumni dinner as a lead up to the game, could significantly raise UConn's Profile in the area. Lots of pictures in the papers.
Blocs of tickets for targeted groups within the area.
A preliminary game between two Fairfield county high school teams.
There litererally are hundreds of ways to promote the school in this geographically key area of the state. Especially for endowment goals.
Its wealty
Its growing
It borders on NYC.
If you can get people to live basketball in Bridgeport, you will attract additional fans to Hartford. Live basketball can be addictive.

Reaction Score
I work in Bridgeport about 2 miles away from Harbor Yard and I probably wouldn't have gone just for the anouncement, but If there was a chance to speak with Warde and some of the other Athletic Higer ups I would have gone down on my lunch break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom