Another end of the game meltdown. | The Boneyard

Another end of the game meltdown.

Reaction Score
Ahead, behind, close game, blow out, the only certainty this season is we will play poorly in the last few minutes. Nova and St John's were miracles. Exceptions that proved the rule.

But an win is a win. Take the W, move on.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Tuxedo GIF by Violent Professional

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Ridiculous - just plain ridiculous
Why this team cannot closeout games with big leads is beyond belief - especially against inferior competition.
The seniors acted like freshmen in the final 4 minutes tonight.
Granted, you have to give DePaul some credit, they are a gritty team - especially Liberty (who Nelson has called overrated and not very good) who hit 3 after 3
Double figure threes by the opponent is not acceptable and better be addressed
On to NYC and hopefully some really nice victories
Thank you seniors for all your efforts wearing a UConn uniform - lets close out the season on a high note

Reaction Score
Sometimes the problem is that, because of time being a factor, the team goes into a prevent offense. Akin to football prevent defense It throws you off your rhythm. The the other team tosses in a few threes and you have a game. Remember DePaul has zero to lose here they are very loose. I Don’t know the answer. Do you ignore the clock and just run your offense. Probably but not sure

Reaction Score
The late game is surely the it factor they have not handled.
They relax their intensity and the coaches have to catch this fast and change the momentum way before what they are doing now.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Matt Gary karma
if ur implication is that he didn't get in, then, no.
if ur point is that it all got squirrelly when some in the crowd started chanting to put him in, then yes, mos def.
just like why we lost that crayon game. husky hoops means pizza chomping in my hut, or so i thought. someone, who shall remain nameless, decided that it would be nice to have roast duck with pearl barley that day.
now, i like roast duck with pearl barley as much as anyone, but not at husky hoop time.
preposterous.
dangerous.
foolish.
the spirits are a fickle group, and messing with them is just plain dumb.

Reaction Score
The reason that it got close is that UConn fans started buying up all of the tix for the late games on Thursday with about 8 minutes left in the game.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
My take is that they try to to look nonchalant and "too cool for school". They simply aren't good enough for that crap.
On the contrary, I think they tighten up. Either way, they definitely change their game after the under-4 minute timeout. Yes, use some game clock, but waiting until 7 seconds on the shot clock leaves little room for error.

Reaction Score
A W vs a hot team-- Our bench was short.. Take it and start looking at SHU game tape.

Reaction Score
if ur implication is that he didn't get in, then, no.
if ur point is that it all got squirrelly when some in the crowd started chanting to put him in, then yes, mos def.
just like why we lost that crayon game. husky hoops means pizza chomping in my hut, or so i thought. someone, who shall remain nameless, decided that it would be nice to have roast duck with pearl barley that day.
now, i like roast duck with pearl barley as much as anyone, but not at husky hoop time.
preposterous.
dangerous.
foolish.
the spirits are a fickle group, and messing with them is just plain dumb.

I'm teasing the student section but I never felt we had a comfortable enough lead with the amount of time remaining to get him in. At the same time we made decisions that would rival having a walk on playing

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom