Another award for Kelly | The Boneyard

Another award for Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I know we've seen this quote before from Geno, but I like it so much I thought I'd paste it again...

"There have been some great players play at UConn," said head coach Geno Auriemma. "We have been fortunate enough to have some legends wear the Connecticut uniform, but I don't know that anybody ever represented that uniform, herself, her family any better than Kelly Faris."

Such a great compliment to Kelly and all she achieved and did. She is probably my favorite player who never ended up on the Huskies wall of honor. A true warrior...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Congrats to Kelly! Geno said that, because of the way Kelly approaches things, she will be successful at everything she does in life. Of course, he is right.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
crazy that apparently her first semester she didnt have a 3.00
-Crazy, unbelievable entire first year, apparently winning a dream NCAA National Championship in her very first go round, starting her the path to even more championship hardware, and ultimately, now being drafted in the WNBA's very first round.
- It all worked out.
UConn Glass.jpg

..Never worry about seeing full again! The Boneyard 00.000097% Empty Glass!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
After lauding Kelly's academic achievements, the article continues: "She was also an outstanding member of the women's basketball team. . . ."

Correct hierarchy of priorities in my view. And a tribute to Kelly's family and her coaches as well as to her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kelly Faris played 154 games, I believe. I knew her 154 games ago when she was still called OMNU. :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
How do they figure the summer sessions into these calculations? Are they considered separate semesters or are they rolled into the following fall semesters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom