Another area of the program | The Boneyard

Another area of the program

Reaction Score
I don’t post a ton, am not as much of an basketball expert as some, or as much of an insider as others but I do have some insight on (and connections to) the administration and their impressions of the state of UConn basketball. While I personally think Hurley has done pretty darn well so far, this post is not meant to defend him since he do that himself for what we pay him. The best way to put this that longtime members of the athletic department who spanned Calhoun, Ollie, and Hurley have nothing but glowing reviews so far. They could not be happier at where the program is from when Hurley took over. The intensity, professionalism, drive, and obsession that Hurley brings to the job from their standpoint is reminiscent of the vintage Calhoun years. The one area where he actually out does Calhoun is in interacting with members of the AD. One longtime member seriously brought up that even if we have to pay Ollie his money it was beyond worth it and they would do it again if they knew Hurley was going to be deliver like he has so far. Considering the dire financial state of things, this blew me away when I heard it. Of course like most of the posters here I am unqualified to comment on the nuances of Hurley’s coaching capabilities but from a culture and program building standpoint he seems to crushing it. Feel free to lay into me if you want. Just thought I’d relay that a major part of the program which is rarely seen (but vitally important) is in really good shape.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom