Another 2014 PF Offer Out | The Boneyard

Another 2014 PF Offer Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Chris Berman would love (pardon the pun) this kid, by spinning some ZZTop as he dunks, Rakim "give me all your" Lubin

This is like Hobbs visiting Gavin Edwards in Arizona.

We have multiple scholarships, might as well give them out while we can.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Chris Berman would love (pardon the pun) this kid, by spinning some ZZTop as he dunks, Rakim "give me all your" Lubin

This is like Hobbs visiting Gavin Edwards in Arizona.

We have multiple scholarships, might as well give them out while we can.

Do you have insider knowledge that Lubin is pronounced with a short "u"? Because if it's pronounced with the long "u" the ZZ Top reference gets a little weird.

Reaction Score
seeing how he transferred to a school in GA and Moore is going to see him I'm guessing there's a connection there. here's an older tweet from last year on him

NextUpRecruits.com
@NextUpRecruits
6'7 SF Rakim Lubin #2014 Gadsden City HS (AL) plays with a high motor,he can do it all,finishes above the rim, and has a nice mid-range game

Reaction Score
Do you have insider knowledge that Lubin is pronounced with a short "u"? Because if it's pronounced with the long "u" the ZZ Top reference gets a little weird.

I'll be back in a jiffy with the answer to that.

Reaction Score
Tough to find anything about him out there. Just this little nugget from a preview of his AAU team:

Rakim Lubin
Big strong player in the post. Rebounds at a high level and powers through helpless defenders with a massive rip move on the turn. Soft touch.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Tough to find anything about him out there. Just this little nugget from a preview of his AAU team:

Rakim Lubin
Big strong player in the post. Rebounds at a high level and powers through helpless defenders with a massive rip move on the turn. Soft touch.

I like that type of player.

Reaction Score
Found this, too, but its a year old: http://blog.northstarbball.com/2012/09/17/northstar-basketball-post-summer-2014-top-100.aspx

Rakim Lubin is ranked 58, ahead of Malik Price-Martin, Ahmed Hill, Goodluck Okonoboh, Abdul-Malik Abu, LJ Peak, and others. Now, granted, a lot of these players have improved tremendously, but I guess we can use it as some sort of gauge for where Lubin's game was last year (at least in this guy's opinion). I reached out to the author of the article to find out if he can provide us with any other information about Lubin. If he gets back to me, I'll post it here.

Reaction Score
Nothing at all. Not much info about him anywhere.
I get a sense that we are less confident about landing Robinson which is the reason for the offer. Indiana just received a verbal from Robinson's buddy who is now actively trying to persuade him to Indiana.

I'm hoping for a commit from Cassell & Kasongo soon. I also believe a good performance this year from the team will excite some of the 2015 recruits and we'll have more options in the future...

Reaction Score
I get a sense that we are less confident about landing Robinson which is the reason for the offer. Indiana just received a verbal from Robinson's buddy who is now actively trying to persuade him to Indiana.

I'm hoping for a commit from Cassell & Kasongo soon. I also believe a good performance this year from the team will excite some of the 2015 recruits and we'll have more options in the future...

More options? That would blow my mind. It seems we've had more options this year than I can recall in past years.

Reaction Score
More options? That would blow my mind. It seems we've had more options this year than I can recall in past years.

Agreed. We've had a lot of options this year, but missed out on a couple recruits that would have solidified this as one of the best recruiting classes. A lot of the recent misses were just a matter of being late to the game...

Reaction Score

But these are two totally different players. The Lubin kid is a PF.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
wonder what explains his seeming to have dropped off the face of the earth, going from being ranked #58 to being unranked and unlisted.

Reaction Score
Here's what I got from the guy who made those rankings:

Those are actually my rankings from last year. I have not seen Lubin play in quite some time, probably over two years. Haven't really heard his name much either, to be honest. That said, when I did see him, I was certainly impressed. I just can't really speak to his development since my last viewing of him a while back. Sorry I can't be of more help on the matter.

Reaction Score
Looks like he may be visiting this weekend.

http://www.hoopseen.com/index.php/n...tin-young/item/629-just-a-minute-september-25
THREE IMPORTANT VISITORS TO KEEP TABS ON
Rakim Lubin to Connecticut: The Huskies recently offered the 6-foot-7, 245-pound power forward from Buford High School. Now the Alabama move-in is taking a trip to the Big East school. He played with the Atlanta Celtics over the summer. Buford head coach Allen Whitehart tells me Marquette and Memphis are also interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom