Annoyed | The Boneyard

Annoyed

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If you notice the threads aren't by the usual posters here. These people come out only when uconn loses to start drama and get off on people's reactions.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
don't worry, be happy

what do you want us to talk about? glory days? and the wink of a young girl's eye?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
don't worry, be happy

what do you want us to talk about? glory days? and the wink of a young girl's eye?
What do you think about Brady and them Pats? How about Napheesa Collier the past two games. Speaking of Napheesa, I'd give anything to have a big on the men's team with the equivalent hands and ability to take it up strong as well as the overall complete game she has on offense.

And Geno admits her play on offense, and Gabby's rebounding ability, are god given gifts and not the result of coaching. He also admits he did not know when he recruited Napheesa she would be as outstanding as she is turning out. Some times even the greatest get lucky breaks that build up their resumes.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
What do you think about Brady and them Pats? How about Napheesa Collier the past two games. Speaking of Napheesa, I'd give anything to have a big on the men's team with the equivalent hands and ability to take it up strong as well as the overall complete game she has on offense.

And Geno admits her play on offense, and Gabby's rebounding ability, are god given gifts and not the result of coaching. He also admits he did not know when he recruited Napheesa she would be as outstanding as she is turning out. Some times even the greatest get lucky breaks that build up their resumes.

I love the Pats, what an amazing game the SB was. And I have great pride in the women's team, I love watching them in big games, not so much against everybody else.

But I've always been a men's basketball fan first and foremost, and that's why I talk about them the most. Through think and thin, I'm here and I'm at their games and I'll be there Sunday and I'll be there next week in the tournament, working around their games just like I did when they played in the BET

This season is killing me, it can't be sugar coated

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I love the Pats, what an amazing game the SB was. And I have great pride in the women's team, I love watching them in big games, not so much against everybody else.

But I've always been a men's basketball fan first and foremost, and that's why I talk about them the most. Through think and thin, I'm here and I'm at their games and I'll be there Sunday and I'll be there next week in the tournament, working around their games just like I did when they played in the BET

This season is killing me, it can't be sugar coated
Same here with all of your post - Pats, women's bb and my strongest connection being with the men's bb team. This season I'm challenging myself to be as invested with the team and outcomes the same as the past without ending up devastated. Most of us are either passionate or dispassionate. Very few of us can reduce negative passion while keeping positive passion (exclusive of outside supplements). That's my goal. Not easy.

There's no sugar coating this season. Don't see people doing that.

The APR sanctions happened and everyone agrees about it. The split amongst us is over the degree and the duration of the impact.
Injuries have happened. The split once again is over the degree and duration the injuries impact events.

I've expressed my opinion many times. I've expressed it probably more than I should have and definitely more than I preferred. The lunacy of most of us is not that our conclusions are right or wrong or different from other viewpoints, but the ridiculous numbers of times we need to state them. We already have a group that agrees and a group that disagrees with us. Do any of us honestly believe that by stating things over and over again anything will change either with the team and/or with regards to people's opinions in this forum? We may be frustrated with other peoples recalcitrance but shouldn't we be equally frustrated that all we are doing isHead bang.

If we can't change others than the only thing left is to ignore things or to change ourselves. If we spent just a fraction of the time that we insist others change in fixing ourselves, this world would be a better place. It's not easy as I've stated above and that assumes we recognize that the problem resides just as much in us as it does in others.

Reaction Score
The apr issue limited scholarships. It didn't aromatically limit the team's ability to use those limited scholarship numbers to recruit top tier players with the 'ships we had.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
The apr issue limited scholarships. It didn't aromatically limit the team's ability to use those limited scholarship numbers to recruit top tier players with the 'ships we had.
It limited the ability to recruit as well.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
First, I am deeply depressed about this season BUT realistic to understand that a team that is this young and has 3 seniors who have proven to be a pleasant surprise (KF), an uneven but tireless performer (RP) and a player who most everyone was counting on after his freshman year to be outstanding by the time he left UConn, yet here at his senior year, is a disappointment at best (AB).
Second, the injuries and missed playing time this year has been mind boggling and a huge reason for the outcomes
I am not saying that KO is a top college coach at this point but he is an extremely knowledgeable in the game and still learning the coaching ropes. Yet out of the woodwork comes the bashers who are only looking at the record and the outcomes and not the whys. Are things perfect in the coaching ranks? No but things could be worse
What annoys me are the continual bashers and those who bash when UConn loses but remain silent when they win
I really feel things are going to turn around and I can say without hesitation that had AG and Larrier been healthy all year things would be different - regardless of the 2 lousy losses to start the year. People seem to forget that the team did lose 3 of its 4 top players from the 2016/2016 team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom