Announcer doing Virginia Tech/Virginia takes veiled shot at UCONN | The Boneyard

Announcer doing Virginia Tech/Virginia takes veiled shot at UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Just got done watching Virginia Tech beat Virginia on ESPNU. The announcer mentioned that UCONN is interested in VT's assistant coach. Then he says something to the effect that "he's perfectly happy competing for national championships and conference championships year after year." I took that as a shot at UCONN. Maybe national championships at UCONN are a longshot but not bowl games and conference championships. Also, how many national championships has VT been in the running for in the recent past? This isn't the 90s anymore.

Reaction Score
I saw that as well but that was a direct quote from Foster and the announcer was just restating it for the fans as they were talking about how good fosters defense has played this yr.

Reaction Score
He must love playing those "intimidating" FCS teams.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Yeah because VT consistently competes for NCs....

Why does anyone invest an iota of emotions in the dribble that omes out of clueless announcers' mouths.... Nobody in BB gives Goodman any credibility, why do we give a duck about some ignorant third-rate tard they put on ESPNU?

Reaction Score
We should never consider Foster. I would take Don Brown before Foster. Why is UCONN even looking his way? Let him stay at VT forever. I think he would be a completely failure as a HC and UCONN should stay as far away as possible.

Reaction Score
Foster will not get the job and furthermore WILL NOT BE INTERVIEWED!!!!!! He is 53 years old. That will disqualify him. Ward will hire someone less than 45.

Reaction Score
Amazing that of all fans UCONN fans are taking a dig at VT - in the last 19 years VT had at least 10 wins in 13 years and from 2004 to 2011 had 8 straight 10+ win seasons. I don't agree with the NC remark either, but if Beamer could have generated any offense at all in 2006 and 2007 VT had the defense to win it all -http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...=Total&sort=1137&conference=I-A_all&year=2006

Also find it ironic that after making a pitiful last hiring Foster wouldn't be a huge upgrade for UCONN. Foster has had a top 15 defense in all years since 2004 except 2010. In other words UCONN would be lucky to get him, but he won't take it because as he already mentioned it is a extremely hard job for various reasons. Not to mention he will wait for a major conference school instead of a school that just got snubbed by ACC. Only one year since 2002 has UCONN had less than 4 losses, get over yourself, there is no Saban-like coach out there for this program.

Reaction Score
Amazing that of all fans UCONN fans are taking a dig at VT - in the last 19 years VT had at least 10 wins in 13 years and from 2004 to 2011 had 8 straight 10+ win seasons. I don't agree with the NC remark either, but if Beamer could have generated any offense at all in 2006 and 2007 VT had the defense to win it all -http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...=Total&sort=1137&conference=I-A_all&year=2006

Also find it ironic that after making a pitiful last hiring Foster wouldn't be a huge upgrade for UCONN. Foster has had a top 15 defense in all years since 2004 except 2010. In other words UCONN would be lucky to get him, but he won't take it because as he already mentioned it is a extremely hard job for various reasons. Not to mention he will wait for a major conference school instead of a school that just got snubbed by ACC. Only one year since 2002 has UCONN had less than 4 losses, get over yourself, there is no Saban-like coach out there for this program.
You do realize VTech was nothing before Beamer? Don't be surprised if they become nothing again when he retires.

Reaction Score
Keep telling yourself that, Mrs. Foster.

First, the leak of UConn's interest came from where? His agent, of course. I imagine that there were more than a couple of dozen names bantered about. The net has been cast wide, but just because you get caught in the net means the fisherman will keep you in the boat.

Bud Foster makes $470,000. UConn will be paying $2 million. Bud Foster is a career assistant passed over for multiple BCS jobs. If UConn wanted Bud Foster, Bud Foster is there for the taking. Of course being a head coach at UConn is a tough job. That's why the job pays 2 million smackeroos. That being said, being a BCS head coach is a tough job. Period. Although I'm surprised that Bud Foster knows about that having never been one. Always a bridesmaid and never a bride, that sort of thing.

But thank you for your interest in UConn football.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
UConn fans can only dream of having the recruiting grounds that Virginia has.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I say ef Bud Foster. Sounds like he's already making excuses for the lousy job he would do.

Reaction Score
Keep telling yourself that, Mrs. Foster.

First, the leak of UConn's interest came from where? His agent, of course. I imagine that there were more than a couple of dozen names bantered about. The net has been cast wide, but just because you get caught in the net means the fisherman will keep you in the boat.

Bud Foster makes $470,000. UConn will be paying $2 million. Bud Foster is a career assistant passed over for multiple BCS jobs. If UConn wanted Bud Foster, Bud Foster is there for the taking. Of course being a head coach at UConn is a tough job. That's why the job pays 2 million smackeroos. That being said, being a BCS head coach is a tough job. Period. Although I'm surprised that Bud Foster knows about that having never been one. Always a bridesmaid and never a bride, that sort of thing.

But thank you for your interest in UConn football.

I am a Tennessee and VT fan - long explanation. Bud Foster has been offered many bigger DC jobs paying a lot more (remember UGA couple years ago) but never took them, so it is not about money at all. He is extremely loyal to Beamer going way back to Murray State when Foster played. If he had moved to a higher profile job such as Georgia and performed as well, he would be a HC at a major university within 3 years. Unfortunately VT is in the middle of nowhere and despite success is still not a name brand of football. Top that off with what is rumoured that he does not interview great, one can see why he may not have HC job by now. May not be flashy but he is one of the best assistants in America and UCONN would do real well with him. Now that I say that I hope it does not happen because VT would stink without him. Good luck!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Great, GDL's mid-atlantic defensive cousin. Message to Bud, we wouldn't waste a bus ticket on you.

Reaction Score
Frank Spaziani was highly thought of DC as well. Some guys are meant to be lifelong assistants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom