Angry, Frustrated but Hopeful. | The Boneyard

Angry, Frustrated but Hopeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Another loss. Worst start to a season for the program in 33 years. PIssed off about it. I mean I"m really upset. This sucks. More levels of sucktitude than I want to delve into. It's like Dante's Inferno - but we got to keep going and come out the other side.

But when I go back to watch, when others go back, and hopefully when a guy like Warde Manuel goes back and looks, and knows what he's got to do for this program, and for this university. THe signs are there. There is hope.

There were a TON of very good, individual plays - both team plays, and individual plays within the play today. A TON.

THat kind of thing, will show - not only to the players themselves when they see it tomorrow, but to the people that are going to be looking at becoming the next full time head coach for UCONN, and might be interested in an assitant job, etc. etc........

There are pieces to work with here in this program.

As for the rest of the season, it's got to be just one week at a time, and there is nothing to do, when you are 0-6 and struggling like we are except break things down to the most basic of fundamentals in practice. Body position in blocking and tackling, and knowing what your assignments are.

I'm embarrassed for our defensive secondary today. EMBARRASSED. They got caught biting on the run off the snap so many times and faked out and run around that they should be embarrassed. If you're a DB, safety, cornerback - your job is defend the pass first.

And they should come out to practice next week, and go back to the game field next Saturday to make amends, with every bit of passion, energy and focus and will to make good, that Deshon Foxx brought to the field today.

I have a new favorite player, take over from Ryan Griffin, and what he did in Morgantown in 2011. Deshon Foxx is my new favorite player, and I will remember the play he made today, and it will be an example for others, until somebody else makes a play that beats it. You don't put that kind of effort into a play, and go unnoticed.

You never, ever give up on a play.

I hope that kid, puts that amount of energy, into everythign he does, from now on, because if he does, he will make something of himself, he'll become a leader, and every single player on this roster, should be able to learn from watching that kid go from where he was last week, to what he did this week. I hope he can be consistent.

There were many other very good individual efforts on that field today, it will be there for them all to see on the film.

So I'm pissed off at yet another loss, and I'm looking forward to seeing improvement again next week.

We need to start learning how to win as a team, and put all that individual effort toward the common goal.

GOt to start with fundamentals though. The energy and passion is there.

Reaction Score
Spackler,

Is there a place where I can find a reader's digest version of your posts?

Very funny!

YOu know you love it though. WHen I write it's like a trainwreck. YOu know you might be disgusted, you don't know what's there, you probably want to turn away, and speed up and go past without looking, but you still slow down and can't turn away without looking anyway.

Reaction Score
Team performance: D-

DeLorenzo, Davis: A

Boyle: C

Foxx: A++++

Agree with a lot of what Carl said too. One thing that was bothering me throughout were opportunities I felt TB had to run off the read option that he didn't take. Keep wondering if he was told to hold back on the runs or if he was feeling a little tentative about taking off against the Cincy LB's. Honestly have no idea or even if what I thought I saw was accurate in terms of opportunities. Don't want to sidetrack too much because I still feel this game and this team are mostly about mistakes on the o-line that are killing us. Hope it ends soon and they can just give us one good complete game effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollSkis

Top Bottom