Andy Pettite returns to Yankees | The Boneyard

Andy Pettite returns to Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just saw a report that he signed a 2.5 mil minor league deal. Asked Yanks if he could come back and they said sure. Good insurance in case an injury occurs in rotation. He can take his time getting ready in Tampa.

Reaction Score
Wow. Can't believe it. Be interesting to see what he's got left in that 39 year old tank.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
He's on the phone now with the YES guys and he sounds really charged up about this. Says his arm is great, just needs to get his legs back. He expects to be as good as he ever was.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
As ST began there was a picture of him with Girardi looking as if they were watching on-field action. I knew something was up with Andy.

Reaction Score
This will go about as well as this......

"Roger Clemens is in George's box, and Roger Clemens is coming back. Oh, my good goodness gracious! Of all the dramatic things I've ever seen. Roger Clemens standing right in George Steinbrenner's box announcing he is back. Roger Clemens is a New York Yankee."[

Reaction Score
This will go about as well as this......

"Roger Clemens is in George's box, and Roger Clemens is coming back. Oh, my good goodness gracious! Of all the dramatic things I've ever seen. Roger Clemens standing right in George Steinbrenner's box announcing he is back. Roger Clemens is a New York Yankee."[

Andy Pettitte as a 5th starter. Yeah, I think it will work out just fine.

Reaction Score
it makes sense that he wouldn't start the year with the team considering he will still have to take part in Roger Clemens's steroid trial that will be starting back up in Mid-April. I'd love to get a transcript of that testimony. Andy's going to rough Clemens up and Clemens's lawyers are going to return volley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom