Andy Landers on Who can Compete with So Carolina within SEC | The Boneyard

Andy Landers on Who can Compete with So Carolina within SEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
SEC looks strong for 2017

Don't think there's a team that can compete with So Carolina. Of all the P5 Conferences this IMHO is the only conference with a clear cut favorite to win the Regular Season Championship.

I had to disable AD Block to view videos.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
SC should win the SEC. Mississippi State and Tennessee are right there but I don't think either can hang for a full game. Florida has a good group of guards. Mizzou and Georgia should be improved. LSU gets Moncrief back..

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
SC should win the SEC. Mississippi State and Tennessee are right there but I don't think either can hang for a full game. Florida has a good group of guards. Mizzou and Georgia should be improved. LSU gets Moncrief back..

I don't think they'll be at "challenge Dawn" level quite yet, but I'll be interested in how Vandy does this year and down the pike with Stephanie White. There was a solid 2016 recruiting class and White will draw good players down the line. I'll be really interested in seeing her coaching style and approach....

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I don't think they'll be at "challenge Dawn" level quite yet, but I'll be interested in how Vandy does this year and down the pike with Stephanie White. There was a solid 2016 recruiting class and White will draw good players down the line. I'll be really interested in seeing her coaching style and approach....

I think she's going to do very well at Vanderbilt. Potentially turning them into a Stanford or Duke like program. Vandy already recruits well, White will broaden and expand that.

I was happy for Vandy when they hired her but also concerned.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

I think she's going to do very well at Vanderbilt. Potentially turning them into a Stanford or Duke like program. Vandy already recruits well, White will broaden and expand that.

Vandy's 2017 recruiting class is also off to a solid start also having snagged Autumn Newby (Top 20ish prospect from Georgia) away from among others Stanford. Remarkable considering White not made a recruiting visit yet. She coming fast!

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I cannot wait to see. I have SECN and have only started using it since SCar came on the scene. It really depends on what Balcomb does with their offense and if the new additions mesh well style wise. On paper they should beat everyone by double digits but that's the thing about paper... it's so darn fickle.

Reaction Score

Shame on you for trying to curse Stephanie White by saying she'll be like "Duke".... shame shame shame on you. I'm fairly certain she doesn't throw players under the bus... :cool:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Vandy has proven in the past that they can be a winner. Foster couldn't get them over the post-season Sweet 16 hump (or, more accurately, he can't get anyone far in the post-season) but he had a winning program and NCAA appearances as a regular thing for years. In fact, I was disappointed to see the program fall after he left, although they remained an entertaining team.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
The lone regular season games against both Tennessee and Mississippi State are in Columbia and the SEC Tournament is in the state of South Carolina so I think the Gamecocks will win both the regular season and SECT again. Kentucky will be a shell of their former selves and A&M has slipped a little. I don't see Florida winning the SEC, either. I can't imagine not being better this season, though it is possible that we lose the opener at Ohio State.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
The lone regular season games against both Tennessee and Mississippi State are in Columbia and the SEC Tournament is in the state of South Carolina so I think the Gamecocks will win both the regular season and SECT again. Kentucky will be a shell of their former selves and A&M has slipped a little. I don't see Florida winning the SEC, either. I can't imagine not being better this season, though it is possible that we lose the opener at Ohio State.

I don't feel great about that game up in Columbus. Our non-conf schedule is tough and I don't think we'll get through unscathed because we have so many new people on the floor. I don't think we'll be at full strength until December. Come tourney time I expect us to be one of the best teams in the country, if not the best.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Have any of you actually watched Andy Landers on the SEC network. There is a reason he is no longer coaching. Now he's a network rah rah toady. Affable, likeable, but just shilling a product.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Have any of you actually watched Andy Landers on the SEC network. There is a reason he is no longer coaching. Now he's a network rah rah toady. Affable, likeable, but just shilling a product.
Actually, though, he sometimes comes out with interesting observations of the game (when he is doing color) based on having been a coach. The perspective is different. Dan Hughes does it as well. Even on the old Missouri Valley telecasts they had an ex coach that provided that different perspective. I get so tired of the same old blah blah about teams that I don't learn anything.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

I agree with most of your quick-and-dirty rundown of SEC contenders. But I did just hear the other day that Missouri lost Jordan Frericks for the season to an ACL injury. Definitely a blow to their prospects.

And I honestly don't expect Georgia to improve on last year. They lost 4 of 5 starters to graduation.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

I like Andy as a person, but he hung on too long at Georgia as a coach. In the business world I've often seen people hang on too long before they retire and the same happens in the coaching world. Once you lose your fire it's time to hang it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom