Andy Katz | The Boneyard

Andy Katz

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Dud they really bring in Andy Katz to narrate the Subway punt catch challenge?

If they just wanted that they should have hired the girl from the Yard Goats.

Reaction Score
Great you triggered John.
Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 11.20.20 AM.png

Reaction Score
Dud they really bring in Andy Katz to narrate the Subway punt catch challenge?

If they just wanted that they should have hired the girl from the Yard Goats.
He needs a job.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I feel bad for him. They can't give him a job in the booth or even as PA announcer?

Is he going to be Joe D's color man for BB?

How about paying him to write some positive UConn/AAC articles?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He was a great pickup but he’s so not a good fit for what he’s doing.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I'm glad they brought Katz in, even if the Subway challenge is below his credentials... After all, who else has the clout to say, "The kid was 3-for-4, but that last punt was garbage... free sandwiches for everyone!" ?

I'm not even that high on Subway, but I love free food and am heading out to redeem mine now =)

Reaction Score
Katz is still under contract to ESPN. ESPN is honoring his contract by still paying him. That contract a non-compete clause. ESPN is essentially paying him through the length of his contract to not to work for a competitor. This UConn work does not violate his contract. It keeps him in the public eye so to speak. I'm sure he'd rather be reporting on college basketball on a much bigger platform, but this UConn job allows him to stay local (believe he lives in West Hartford) and do a little side work until his contract expires.

Reaction Score
I just felt bad for him yesterday. Poor guy.

Agree that they need to find a better use for him

Reaction Score
I'm glad they brought Katz in, even if the Subway challenge is below his credentials... After all, who else has the clout to say, "The kid was 3-for-4, but that last punt was garbage... free sandwiches for everyone!" ?

I'm not even that high on Subway, but I love free food and am heading out to redeem mine now =)

How exactly do you redeem it? I feel like there's a 0% chance the New Haven Subway employees will have any idea what I'm talking about.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How exactly do you redeem it? I feel like there's a 0% chance the New Haven Subway employees will have any idea what I'm talking about.
Hope for the best. The word got out to BWW for free wings with no problem.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Tell them you’ll share your crack.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score

When I walked in, I upfront asked what the UConn ticket deal was... buy a 30 oz. fountain drink, get a free 6-inch sub with your game ticket... amounted to $2.33 after Uncle Sam's cut.

I did go to Subway in Rocky Hill, which has great management and employees. Good luck in New Haven. Don't let a mediocre Subway deter you from collecting that sandwich!

Reaction Score
When I walked in, I upfront asked what the UConn ticket deal was... buy a 30 oz. fountain drink, get a free 6-inch sub with your game ticket... amounted to $2.33 after Uncle Sam's cut.

I did go to Subway in Rocky Hill, which has great management and employees. Good luck in New Haven. Don't let a mediocre Subway deter you from collecting that sandwich!

Dang right. Is it just for today?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom